Factory production ETC Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Factory production ETC « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 928
Posted on Friday, 16 January, 2015 - 23:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJCTeUAkJJQ

Nice clip of the Factory ETC.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.93
Posted on Saturday, 17 January, 2015 - 09:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This video contains shots of mechanical parts. It maybe should be copied to the technical stuff.

1900TU and 100LG are Rolls Royce promotional reg no. Also 1800TU.

Notice the Ford Mk1 Cortina just outside the gate. I couldnt identify the other lesser cars.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Frequent User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 80
Posted on Sunday, 18 January, 2015 - 07:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Marvellous stuff, one of the lesser cars was a Ford Anglia Panel Van, a severely ugly contraption mass produced for the unwashed. I thought another pulling out of the side street was a Wolsley another nasty piece of work. But I wonder what jolly fun could be had if you could go back in time say through Dr. Who's Tardus and land an interview with management, and inform them during an interview for say an apprenticeship and just drop the future fact that they would all be under German management in the new millennia. Hoot what fun. I imagine you not only would not have got the job but you may have been thrown out the front door roughly for impertinence and yet hootnanny it happened. Pity no nice snaps of a Camargue anywhere in the clip but I'd guess there must have been some scribble on the board in some top secret need to know only room where Miss Moneypenny was on speed dial etc

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 353
Posted on Sunday, 18 January, 2015 - 10:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

They would not have believed it and would have you tossed out to the street.
Anyway the Shadow has blackwall tyres, and it could have been Seychelles blue, so I can imagine that is what my Car might have looked like driving around the Factory. Thanks for sharing.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.75
Posted on Sunday, 18 January, 2015 - 09:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I hate Anglias they looked like a cod fish from the front.

The 100e the one before had a nice shape. The suspension was quite good but had a 1172 side valve and 3 speed box. The new Anglia 105e engine and gearbox was used just before the 100e was phased out. Those 100e were much better. A way of testing the new engine and gearbox. That engine and gearbox was developed into the cross flow and lotus twin cam then the pinto and then the twin cam for the Sierra jelly mould. The engine started at 40hp and finished twice the cc and 150hp.

I had a 100e Esquire estate car with side valve eengine as a first car. It wasn't a bad car and I drove all over the UK in it. I used to kip in the back, while my mates only had tents and motorbikes. The sheer luxury of it, a blow up mattress and electric light. I used to throw their junk out of the car and make myself comfy for the night.

The cops in the UK don't care about hippies sleeping in cars. I went to a beach in north west Scotland on year it was do nice I stayed for a week living on pub pork pies and fish and chips. One night the cops woke me up to tell me to move my car behind a bush because an annoying local was complaining about hippies and that if the stupid git can't see me then he won't keep phoning the police. A very reasonable attitude from the police. Nowadays it's the surfing guys in VW vans. Not sure north west Scotland has surfing though.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Frequent User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 89
Posted on Tuesday, 27 January, 2015 - 17:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob interesting to see the cops in the UK seem to have a brain. Here in Australia, you have to find a hidden place somewhere to sleep in your car. All down the east coast there are signs everywhere "NO CAMPING". I am not talking about one or two signs but literally tens of thousands of them. And should you attempt to sleep in your vehicle along will come a pest of a local council worker with a fine book. So much for Australia being a free country, because it simply isn't anymore. It has indeed become an over bureaucratic nightmare of a place with rules and regulations coming out of our ears. It was different in the 1960-1970 decades but then the politicans cottoned on to the fact that they could past piles of dumb laws and tax the bejesus out of just about anything you want to do. Here you can be homeless and live on the street like a down and out bum and the authorities will leave you alone, but if you are sleeping in your van, not disturbing anybody, then you will get harassed. Indeed, I look forward to the day that our politicians and miscellaneous law makers do us a favour and take a flying leap off a very high cliff above very sharp jagged rocks.