Silver Shadow SRH19761 Documentation Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Silver Shadow SRH19761 Documentation « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Jones
New User
Username: carl888

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, 31 December, 2014 - 12:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On the off chance someone knows the whereabouts of SRH19761 feel free to contact me. I have tripped over some early documentation pertaining to this car.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.79
Posted on Wednesday, 31 December, 2014 - 12:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

SRH is a RH drive about 1975. Mine is SRH 17768 which is mid 1974. They made about 3000 a year. So say March 1975.

You could hold the documents to ransom. Joke.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Carl Jones
New User

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, 31 December, 2014 - 13:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lol, you could indeed Bob!

The car was originally delivered to the UK but made its way to Australia sometime in the 1980s. I sadly suspect it's on the scrap heap, but if not, it would be nice to reunite some documents with the car. Happy new year.

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 178
Posted on Wednesday, 31 December, 2014 - 19:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Carl,
I have checked on the RREC database and it is not recorded on there so maybe it has passed away, as you suspect.

Kind regards,

Chris

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1556
Posted on Wednesday, 31 December, 2014 - 20:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Carl/ I am curious as to where did you get your information. I have yet to find an original Register and the chassis number doesn't turn up in Fred English's manifesto Praeclarvm Annus Quinquagesimus!

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.90
Posted on Thursday, 01 January, 2015 - 05:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Passed away. I like that. Better than broken up for parts and the rest made into washing machines.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Carl Jones
New User

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, 01 January, 2015 - 18:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Chris/Bill,

They were given to me by the previous owner. Somehow they were separated from the vehicle and he found them in a clean up.

I searched through some old issues of of the chassis register but was unable to find it (I was a R-ROC(V) member until about 2009)