Price check on oil. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Price check on oil. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.88
Posted on Saturday, 06 September, 2014 - 05:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Last night I found I needed 1 litre of Dexron 3. So I looked it up on the web. Cheapest was £7.95.

Today I brought the oil for £6.95 from my local castrol shop.

The moral of the above is that the web isn't the cheapest place to buy everything and even though the oil shop has overheads and a knowledgeable person to advise. I think the face to face contact is worth paying less for the same product.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 645
Posted on Saturday, 06 September, 2014 - 19:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A couple of years ago I bought a half full 20 litre drum of the stuff via eBay. £5. When we chatted on the phone it turned out he used to have a Toyota Estima like the one I still had, so he threw in a pair of front calipers along with a pair of overhaul kits. Then it turned out that one of his work colleagues was visiting a relative in a couple of days and would be passing within a mile of my house, so I even got the lot delivered!

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.83
Posted on Monday, 08 September, 2014 - 06:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I been pricing up the bits and pieces for my big service.

And the real price of parts has fallen. And in some. cases are actually cheaper. Two things are cheaper on a shadow drive shaft booties and exhausts both in SS And mild steel. The booties were £120 each and are now £65ish. And a SS exhaust is the price of mild steel. And mild steel is about half of SS.

(Message approved by david_gore)