Brake hoses Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Brake hoses « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.71
Posted on Monday, 25 August, 2014 - 08:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I went to see hot rod guys today and they showed me some brake hoses, (stainless braided pvc covers) which come in different colours. Red blue yellow green mauve black orange pink and white. Also polished stainless brake pipe and tube nuts and clips and screws. The clips have different coloured rubber inserts. Chrome plated brass tee pieces.
And stainless flexible pipe( like a shower hose) for engine wiring, with special screw on ends for mounting.
The brake hoses are £25 each The brake pipe is £3 per metre. The tee pieces are £20.

The quality is first class.

To fit coloured hoses to my car to correspond to RR colour code costs £350. A lot however heat shrink tube might do I shall try it.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.91
Posted on Tuesday, 26 August, 2014 - 05:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have done a bit of heat shrink checking and the size for standard rubber brakes hoses is 19 mm which shrinks to 8 mm, £1.50 per metre. It is available in colours. For 3/16 brake pipe 9 mm will just fit over a 7/16 a/f tube nut.

Heat shrink shrinks 2 to 1. Larger ratios are more expensive. Max size I found is 100mm. Which would do for radiator hoses, not sure about heat of hoses though.

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.88
Posted on Wednesday, 27 August, 2014 - 10:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

More heat shrink research.

There is a type of heat shrink that has glue inside.
The glue is activated by heat. The plastic is also strong and resistant to chemicals and heat to 150 cent. The sellers make a point about adding structural strength.

So if a unattainable moulded radiator hose needs replacing due to aging this stuff could be used to recover the hose And again lots of colours.

The idea above is not for radiator hoses that are available, one must simply by new ones. I add this because I don't want anybody moaning about penny pinching.

This stuff is about 50% more so still cheap. £6 metre for 100mm dia.