Scotland or bust Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Scotland or bust « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.84
Posted on Wednesday, 25 June, 2014 - 07:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My shadow has not been out of dorset UK for 15 years!

856 miles round trip in 3 days

M4,M5 and M6 steady 60 all the way to Scotland then fast A roads then slow twisty B roads

The car never missed a beat

The only thing to muck up a pleasant trip was a idiot saying that if I could afford a RR I should not accept my pension. ( which I paid into for 45 years)
and it was people like me who Lord it around Scotland like they own the place and when Scotland gets independence we(Scots) will ban you southern softies from crossing the border

So I said you are welcome to come to Dorset express your views and meet very nice Dorset people oo are

Another Scots lad told him not to talk to English like that

Scots are ok just not that idiot

(Message approved by david_gore)

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Experienced User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, 25 June, 2014 - 12:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Crikey Bob how hideous. Maybe you should have told him it was Billy Connolly's Rolls and you were just returning it after servicing it. I want to drive my Camargue in Scotland one day and hopefully I will not come across the same idiot.

Bob Reynolds
Prolific User
Username: bobreynolds

Post Number: 102
Posted on Wednesday, 25 June, 2014 - 17:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I imagine the petrol probably cost you more than the Rolls-Royce.

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.92
Posted on Thursday, 26 June, 2014 - 07:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Note neither Billy Connolly or Sean what's his name live in Scotland

The fuel was paid for by the people I went to see which is why the nasty man's comment was not appreciated

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 175
Posted on Friday, 27 June, 2014 - 07:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all what people don't realise is that these are old cars that are not always owned by the wealthy people who bought them new factory owners ship builders and the like the people who own them now are enthusiasts trying to keep these cars on the road so that the cars can be seen and enjoyed by a lot of admirers of the marque jealousy is a word that comes to mind.

Richard.

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.75
Posted on Friday, 27 June, 2014 - 09:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Absolutely right

I have worked for very rich people who wouldn't drive an old car

They get a new car on lease and change it every year because they probably own lease company

I once work for a company and complained that the leasing arrangements for company cars wad not cost effective

I then found out my boss owned the leasing company and the freehold of the building which he rented out to the company I worked for

Every year he got a new shadow and a drophead for nice days

He had a Aston for 2 days and sent it back because it leaked water

Now that guy does behave like he owns the place because he does

Diamond geezer I took my girlfriend now my wife to Brighton for the day and he lent me his mpw ragtop to impress my girlfriend for me full tank of petrol because he owned a petrol station so he always had petrol

Properly seriously rich

One of the RR got badly damaged no problem 3 days later new RR

He called Richard Branson a badly dressed upstart

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Experienced User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, 30 June, 2014 - 20:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ah yes Bob, you are an RR person. Yes. When I was young Bob I was unfortuneate enough to be raised by the wealthy. I had no father or mother as most humans know them but they were wealthy. And Bob they were also stupid. But Bob we are different from these mules. I have a Cadillac Bob its is a good car, but it is not a Rolls Royce. The love of RR Bob comes from the appreciation of what it is. Like the first time you felt the light switch. We are different people Bob, the public will never understand us and that is why from Dorset you must aim the Lady of Ecstacy toward Scotland again and again. Croak them Bob its the only way to go

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.90
Posted on Tuesday, 01 July, 2014 - 07:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A Rolls-Royce impresses a new one even more the excellence of the engineering is not important is how they think

Cadillac are quality enginereed in a USA sort of way

Engineering does not work if the money side is not working

Cadillac made cars for market that sold well. Ergo good car

Aston Martin had loads of money troubles which reflected in quality problems

I am going to Wales Glamorgan near the beacons 250 miles return to see my cousin so I have to content with that

I remember the Brighton trip well

At first you are nervous and then you find the car feels smaller and it drives it self

Effortless is a well worn word that applies

I found myself driving it as smooth as I could time is not issue

On the other side the car in 2 nd gear was fast