Bureaucracy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Bureaucracy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

grumpy guest
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.217.4.230
Posted on Sunday, 12 September, 2004 - 21:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello guys.

I used to be an "unregistered guest." Recently I found that my posts had to pass review before they would appear. I wondered if I had offended big brother, since I made a remark critical of the user rules. (My comment was that it is silly to have a minimum word content in order for a message to post.)

I sent an emal to the forum moderator, and was told by return email that I should register to avoid having to have my post reviewed.

Ok, I registered. That has been over a week. Now when I try to post I get this message:

"Your application for a user account is currently under review by board moderators. You will be informed by e-mail when your account has been activated. Until then, you cannot log in to access this board."

Now I cannot log in stating my real name anymore, which is Bill Vatter. When I try to post using my real name like I used to do, I get a message saying that my real name to too much like the username of a registered participant. This is getting too hard guys, so I am signing off. See you later somewhere else.

(Message approved by admin)

Patrick Lockyer.
Experienced User
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, 14 September, 2004 - 16:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bill.Do not give up, your input to this forum will be sadly missed,you are not grumpy just flustered.
I to had similar probs when registering & as i am known as pat i had to change to patrick to get over it.
I am sure the admin can help on this one.
I am learning all the time with this modern contraption!!
Don't give up as i feel this is one of the more interesting and helpful forums around.

Mark Peacock
Frequent User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, 14 September, 2004 - 21:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

grumpy,
As patrick mentioned , dont give up.
just wait till your okay'd then contribute on this forum, as your input is valued.

Mark P

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 254
Posted on Wednesday, 15 September, 2004 - 07:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can I second Mark's remarks. It is so easy to accept the services of any voluntary organisation forgetting that the volunteers have no other return than the pleasure of providing that service. Moreover, inevitably the provision of services is not without cost, yet this seems to be covered by someone. When something goes wrong as clearly it has here with Bill's application surely it is a time for understanding not criticism. Personally,I find the monitors' observations irritating at times but I get over it and remind myself that it is a hobby we are dealing with and one that we should pursue for enjoyment. That Bills' remarks were published says something for the minders' tolerance.

Bill Vatter
Yet to post message
Username: bill_vatter

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 15 September, 2004 - 12:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill C. you are right. I forgot this is not being run by paid employees, and I also forgot I am paying nothing. I appologize.

Bill V

James R Aitken
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.221.176.66
Posted on Wednesday, 15 September, 2004 - 08:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'll third the comments. I too have had basically identical frustrations with this forum, but have reminded myself that it exists as a favour to me (and not a right) and is administrated by people who generously donate their time.

To use a phrase from an old television series... "Patience, grasshopper. Patience!"

(Message approved by david_gore)

Mark Peacock
Frequent User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, 16 September, 2004 - 23:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I find this forum of great help to me. And its great to see so many contributors. I bought my first RR (SRH31689),around 3 years ago (at age 26), and met with so much negativity (outside this forum !) to the marque ,regarding maintenance, cost of parts and general jealousy etc.
And ive found most parts of the car challenging too ,not to say the least. But hey, thats the main reason i took up the trade in the first place. For a challenge.

My point is ,without contributors to thisforum , my maintenance on my now 3 shadows (yes, i must be nuts !!), would be met with lots of frustration.
I value and thank anyone who contributes any USEFULL INFO in helping keep our "hobbies" alive .

Mark.P