Bentley eight Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Bentley eight « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Daniel Atherton
Yet to post message
Username: poppy1

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 23 February, 2014 - 00:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hi,
I wanting to remove the cover off of my 1988 Bentley eight model so i can change the indicater bulb,

Now in the owners hand book it tells you to remove the two twist screws that hole this cover in place,

(my car has the two seperate lights on both sides & not the sealed units)
Question ive taken both these screw type bolts away from the cover but still this cover wont come away from the head light,
Ive noticed a bottom bolt like screw and im wondering if this bolt is whats holding the light frame for the indicator in place,

Now im not talking about the two head light adjuster screws these are seperate to what im talking about.

Any one had this problem?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Herbstreit
Prolific User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 116
Posted on Sunday, 23 February, 2014 - 16:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Youtube video only shows two bolts. Perhaps someone has added an extra bolt or maybe over time dirt and grime has set an needs a little more persuasion. In any case the video shows the back of the mounting points so you should be able to tell if you are dealing with the correct bolts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KPxpwXmQQJY