Refurbishing Shadow II instrument face Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Refurbishing Shadow II instrument face « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wayne Wardman
Experienced User
Username: wayne_wardman

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, 06 January, 2014 - 13:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am restoring my SS II and am trying to find a person to refurbish the ignition panel face. Where the keys have dangled for her 37 years is rather bare.

Has anyone some clues?

Wayne Wardman

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 702
Posted on Monday, 06 January, 2014 - 14:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Where are you located?

There's at least one, possibly several, places that offer this service that have historically advertised in the RROC-US magazine, The Flying Lady. I can look those up if you're interested.

I'm presuming you might want to check "close to home" first, that's why I ask your location.

Brian

Carl Heydon
Frequent User
Username: car

Post Number: 57
Posted on Monday, 06 January, 2014 - 15:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In the past I saw, on ebay, someone in USA offering stickers to cover the switchbox printed with appropriate lettering to suit the different models. They looked correct and I nearly bought one for a Mk VI. I think it was one of the larger spares suppliers there. Not proper but so much easier.
Just a thought.
Carl

Wayne Wardman
Experienced User
Username: wayne_wardman

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, 06 January, 2014 - 19:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you both, Carl and Brian.
I am in Canberra and I don't mind sending the face away.
Cheers
Wayne

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Monday, 06 January, 2014 - 19:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wayne,

Have you given Bill Coburn a call?

He may be able to help with advice on where to go to get this work done.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 703
Posted on Thursday, 09 January, 2014 - 02:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wayne,

Got your PM but thought I'd post a response here in hopes of keeping the thread going. There have got to be places (even if it's a handful) across the globe that do this sort of thing.

The company I'd remembered is The Frawley Company in Parkesburg, PA. The information conflicts in their print ads (where they limit themselves to pre-1976) and their website. In any event, if they don't do the work for your specific item it's very likely they can direct you to someone that does.

Brian