Posting pictures Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Posting pictures « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 117
Posted on Monday, 07 October, 2013 - 08:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all.
I tried to post a picture of my SS1 SRH19529 and couldn't do it perhaps someone could explain how to do this in easy to understand terms I have done this in the past in car ads etc without any difficulty any help accepted.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 118
Posted on Monday, 07 October, 2013 - 09:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi tried again got as far as jpeg bla bla bla
and then I got something about making image smaller than 640x640 or something like that.
So there wont be any pictures anytime soon.

Richard.

Jeffrey McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 423
Posted on Monday, 07 October, 2013 - 10:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard if you are using windows XP or later right click on the image and choose 'open with' Microsoft Picture Manager. Along the top will be a bar with a button marked "edit". Press it and on the side is an option to resize the picture. Try 80% and if that isn't small enough try it at 80% again. Save it to desktop under an appropriate name and add it from there.

Othertwise there's are free simple photo edit programs out there. Try download.com and read the reviews.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 643
Posted on Monday, 07 October, 2013 - 11:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

These forums have a strict picture size limit of 640x480 pixels (or, 480x640 pixels, once that was changed to allow portrait orientation).

For those who don't know how to resize using photo editing software, the website, http://resize.it/, offers a very simple interface to resize your photos.

I, personally, find MS-Paint a perfectly adequate program for resizing photographs and it's included on every version of MS-Windows at least up through Windows 7 (I don't have a Windows 8 machine to check).

There's also a decent bulk image converter/resizer available on sourceforge.net.

These days there's virtually no camera that takes photos as small as 640x480 as a native size. At one time this was the general convention for full screen size, but that day is long gone.

Brian

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 119
Posted on Monday, 07 October, 2013 - 18:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jeffrey and Brian thank you for your help I am a teabag in a cup person it has to be simple and straight forward I will try some of your suggestions later the computer I use has windows 7 ?
Richard.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 506
Posted on Monday, 07 October, 2013 - 21:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As an alternative you could simply open a free Photobucket account and upload your pics to there. Then you can simply cut & paste the link to the album(s).

Like this

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 329
Posted on Tuesday, 08 October, 2013 - 00:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jan

Love the car - not quite sure about the mascot though.

Geoff

richard george yeaman
Prolific User

Post Number: 120
Posted on Tuesday, 08 October, 2013 - 09:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jan nice car obviously well looked after inside and out I will look into this photobucket thing and see if that would be easier I am sure there are other readers who would post pictures of their car if it were made easier to do so.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 508
Posted on Tuesday, 08 October, 2013 - 11:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Geoff: The mascot was a cheaper way of replacing my Emily which was stolen (?by a local junkie?) a year or so before. It seemed a slightly more sympathetic replacement than any other alternative, which was affordable, at the time. Sadly even that one has since been pilfered along with the complete center chrome strip from the bonnet/hood. In case (!) you're interested; the 2 valises in the boot are full of ... tools.

Richard: You don't want to see what she looks like at the moment! I took her off the road early last year to rewire the doors and replace the OEM 4" door speakers with more modern 3-way, 6" co-axial jobbies. Unfortunately last year's monsoons lasted all Summer and I've had other distractions this year which means that only one door speaker has actually been seen to. There is still much work to do on her, but since I'm in the process of acquiring and erecting a decent size garage (3.5 metres X 8 metres) on my back garden - including a home made wood burning stove for heating purposes - I expect to get further along over this Winter.

Photobucket? It's a doddle! I don't know why I didn't take advantage of it years ago. Most forums limit image sizes to save on HDD storage space, but hosting offsite allows you to link to pics of almost any size/quality. Why not give it a go?