Rolls ROYCE Phantom 5 diesel 4x4 limo... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Rolls ROYCE Phantom 5 diesel 4x4 limousine « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hubert Kelly
Frequent User
Username: h_kelly

Post Number: 77
Posted on Saturday, 13 July, 2013 - 06:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C390703
Had to share this.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Saturday, 13 July, 2013 - 07:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A fool and their money are soon parted - why would you bother doing the conversion in the first place let alone buy the outcome??????

Geoff Wootton
Prolific User
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 261
Posted on Sunday, 14 July, 2013 - 02:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What on earth possessed this person to do this. He has even stripped out the RR dashboard and made the front interior look like a truck. It is unspeakably awful.

Geoff

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 492
Posted on Sunday, 14 July, 2013 - 22:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

With the best will in the world we don't know what kind of state the donor vehicles were in before the blind, mad idiot (?) got his hands on them. Personally I would only consider buying this abortion if the price were dropped to 10% of the current asking price. Even then I would have to give it some serious thought before parting with such an amount of money for this automotive nightmare.

However what would Sir Henry Royce have made of it? His ethos was to use 'the best proven technology available to make the best motor car in the world'. In my opinion if you're going to make an off road Rolls (but why?) there are few if any better sources of the underpinnings to hang a Phantom body onto.