New wheel wings for mk 6 special Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » New wheel wings for mk 6 special « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Taxis
Frequent User
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 67
Posted on Wednesday, 29 May, 2013 - 09:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi
I am looking at replacing the front and rear wheel wings on my Mk 6 special. The ones on the car are fibreglass and in poor condition.
Does anyone know where I can buy these or contact details for someone that can fabricate them .
I live of the Sunshine coast and would prefer to get the job done locally if possible.
Thanks
Mark

Kevin Lagden
Frequent User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, 29 May, 2013 - 11:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,

I too live on the Sunshine Coast and have recently come across a guy in Mount Coolum who may be able to assist. Give me you email address and I'll send the info

Mark Taxis
Frequent User
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 68
Posted on Wednesday, 29 May, 2013 - 13:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Kevin
Much apreciated.
My email kmtaxis@fastmail.fm
Mark

Colin Silver
Prolific User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 155
Posted on Friday, 07 June, 2013 - 20:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have connections with bulk manufactured body parts. Clearly you are a one off of each panel you want - which would mean a dye.

Are there other cars like yours? Can you get together and get a bulk buy?. Unlikely as I've never seen you car.

Just chucking it out there. Even fibreglass needs a dye.

Anton De Bloch
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 109.9.126.85
Posted on Friday, 07 June, 2013 - 22:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

To obtain "wings" as cheap as they come, I would suggest that you research manufacturers of trailors. On many occaisons, you will get exactly what you require (metal or fibre glass), or a small modification may be required. Don't limit your search to one country either.
Kind regards
De Bloch

(Message approved by david_gore)