Very strange movie Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Very strange movie « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Benoit Leus
Experienced User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, 05 October, 2012 - 21:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGk2hv-Ym6c

Michael Hicks
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman22

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, 05 October, 2012 - 23:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hubert Kelly
Experienced User
Username: h_kelly

Post Number: 49
Posted on Saturday, 06 October, 2012 - 00:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looks like an early Shadow from the dash instrument cluster, though on my '68 Shadow the 2 accumulator low pressure lights are where the green light is . I assume low fuel indicated my the green light?.

Niclas Olovsson
New User
Username: nicce

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, 06 October, 2012 - 05:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hmm, I guess the owner has just paid for a service bill and thus had to sell all his worldly possessions including his clothes?

Cheers, Niclas

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 401
Posted on Saturday, 06 October, 2012 - 19:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I know there's a De Panne in Southern Belgium. Maybe it's the same place, but using the French name for it. It's on the N34 from Knokke to Adinkerke. I've been to/through it on numerous occasions on a baccy & booze jaunt when using the Hull/Zeebrugge overnight ferry.

Checking out their website (which that clip seems to be advertising) it appears that they're a motoring club which drives some of the most scenic routes in France using a lot of classic cars and motorcycles.

Brian Vogel
Prolific User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 110
Posted on Sunday, 07 October, 2012 - 09:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I posted a link to this short on the RROC-US forum, and got one piece of useful information from another member:

La Panne = The Breakdown

The bit of dialogue was a Roman Catholic priest talking/praying - a religious program on the radio, I assume.

The car's license plate is Dutch, but somewhat old, I believe.

Brian

Benoit Leus
Experienced User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 46
Posted on Sunday, 07 October, 2012 - 21:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The licence plate is not Dutch (that would be white on blue with 6 characters) but a recent French "classic" licence plate.