Missing my cars, should I do it again? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Missing my cars, should I do it again? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Pfeiffer
Frequent User
Username: jpsnaggs

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, 21 September, 2012 - 09:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hey everyone,

I use to post here a bit. I am currently without a Rolls or Bentley at the moment and just thinking I should get back in the swing of things.

I started with an 82 Spirit, big pain in the butt, I worked her over and rebuilt almost everything from the engine to the interior.... Probably sunk 30 grand US into the car. Probably the most satisfying of all of my cars though... so much emotion.

I sold my Spirit and bought an 2002 Arnage. I did love the car, and I am leaning towards getting another one. At the same time, I had a company car which of all things was a Flying Spur, and while a great car, It just did not feel like a "real" Bentley/Rolls to me (no offense).

Various circumstances, job changes and traveling changes led me to get rid of the cars and opt for a new BMW. I just didn't have much choice.

So, not sure if I should actually do it again. So much anguish, love, excitement, sadness, and tears over these cars - especially the Spirit but there is nothing like the smell of hyde food in the morning, and the nervousness of sitting in the seat and turning that key....

So, I am thinking late model Arnage or Seraph maybe? What say you?

Hubert Kelly
Experienced User
Username: h_kelly

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, 21 September, 2012 - 11:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Phantom VI Limo (1970's), OR a Shadow..

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 397
Posted on Friday, 21 September, 2012 - 18:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I must say that I love the shape of the P VI (the front is a pleasing amalgam of the Cloud and the Shadow), but the driver's view of the interior is little different from a Shadow. The best of the luxury is reserved for the rear seat passengers. With prices running from GBP55K to a shocking GBP250K (1972 model with 16K miles on the clock) I think I'll pass for the moment.

Kevin Lagden
Frequent User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 62
Posted on Saturday, 22 September, 2012 - 06:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Has to be the P V1 for me as well. I remember when I lived in London during all the tube strikes back in the 80's my company, Walt Disney Productions ferried their staff around in a number of Rolls Royces just to get them back and forth to the office. I got the P V1 first pick up and last to drop off. Remember fondly travelling through Kentish Town sipping G&T out of the bar, passing all the poor sods standing at bus stops in the pouring rain and giving them a token wave through the window. This went on for about two weeks, much to the envy of family and friends - what a car!