Mechanic/enthusiasts in Melbourne eas... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Mechanic/enthusiasts in Melbourne eastern suburbs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Garry Todd
New User
Username: cornetman100

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, 14 July, 2012 - 12:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys
i am having trouble isolating a noise and loss of power in the engine SHR26321. Anyone want to come and offer advice? I'm in Donvale.

Thanks in anticipation!!

GT

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 357
Posted on Saturday, 14 July, 2012 - 20:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When was the car last serviced? Plugs, leads, dizzy, air filter, etc. can all cause such problems and are easily fixed by even the most ham-fisted of home mechanics. It's a bit far for me to just 'pop over' and have a look/listen, but if you'd spring for the return air fare ...

David Hughes
Experienced User
Username: wedcar

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, 17 July, 2012 - 19:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Gary
Robert Chapman in Melbourne on 03 97203997 are well worth a call.
Regards
David

Jeffrey McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 320
Posted on Tuesday, 17 July, 2012 - 19:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I can second that recommendation Garry. They're in Havelock Rd Bayswater - should be an easy drive for you.

Bob and his son really know their stuff, are happy to explain what's going on with the car and don't charge like wounded bulls; some things, of course, just cost what they cost and that's ungovernable.

The best thing to do is to get them to do one of their major services - they'll be in a better position while they do that to figure out which 20cent 'O' ring is causing the trouble and how many hours labour it'll take to get to it!

At the least (or even) worst you'll be able to plan a schedule of catch-up and preventative maintenance to get the car up to reliability driving standard fairly quickly.

Garry Todd
New User
Username: cornetman100

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, 18 July, 2012 - 08:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks David & Jeffrey for your advice.
I will give him a call.

Regards
Garry