Totally Pi$$ed off! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Totally Pi$$ed off! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 329
Posted on Wednesday, 25 April, 2012 - 03:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Due to the bad weather it's taken me several days longer than anticipated to get The Old Girl into her temporary accomodation on the back garden so that I can do all the little jobs she needs doing so she's ready to go back on the road at the end of summer.

It seems that I was being observed by criminal eyes and, some time since last Sunday evening some $%^&*()_ has ripped off the replacement mascot and the bonnet centre trim strip

This is the second time it has happened and, once again, I'm too short of ready cash to replace them immediately - *BBT 74 for the aftermarket mascot (or *BBT 160 for an original one) and *BBT 80 for the trim strip. Why can't these scum realise that the few quid they get for them is an insignificant fraction of the cost of replacing them? Or do they give a flying wotsit?

Why do I bother? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm fated not to have a nice car where I live without it being vandalised.

(*BBT = British Beer Tokens)

Benoit Leus
Experienced User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, 25 April, 2012 - 18:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry to hear that.
It is indeed a problem to leave a nice car out where some lowlife can get at it. Often I try to arrange secure parking when going somewhere just to avoid vandalism or theft.

I hope you quickly get the car looking complete again.

Benoit

richard yeaman
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.40.33.246
Posted on Wednesday, 25 April, 2012 - 23:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

sorry to hear that Jan i have a spare one i bought on e bay a couple of months ago i gave a £104 plus postage i would assume it is a copy for that amount i would be happy to pass it on at cost plus p&p I am a new owner of a Silver Shadow 1 SRH19529 and am an avid reader of the technical forum and would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the help I have received by reading the Posts that others have submitted I have supplied my e mail if you need any info I hope you dont have anymore misfortune.

Best Regards

Richard

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Thursday, 26 April, 2012 - 07:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, why don't you register and become a member?

This forum is open to all R-R/B enthusiasts and custodians no matter where they live in the world or whether they belong to a R-R/B Club or not.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 330
Posted on Thursday, 26 April, 2012 - 19:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the kind offer Richard, but as I mentioned I'm strapped for cash at the moment having had to replace my towcar at 'the last moment' just after servicing, taxing, insuring and MOT'ing the cabrio. I should have known that putting a ragtop on the road would then ensure that we'd be in for the wettest Spring since records began! This should change for the better over the next couple of months although I have other expenses coming up that are unavoidable. The cabrio needs a new thermostat and the rear tyres on the Monterey are very close to their use-by-date. Plus I'm committed to a Toyota club meet for the first weekend in May. On top of this I may need to go over to Belgium early next week for a few months' supply of booze & baccy. At least I can do this a lot cheaper than the Hull - Zeebrugge cruise ship (over BBT 150 at this time of year).

If you've still got it on your hands as we get nearer to Autumn and I'm ready to put The Old Girl back on the road I might be in a better position to afford it. If I make the 'standard' mod and do without the centre trim strip on the bonnet this replacement could work out slightly cheaper than getting another aftermarket one as I'm fairly certain that I've still got the original base mount. Just need to replace the spring as the original one was broken off by the thief wot took my Emily.

Sithee,
Jan.

richard yeaman
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.40.63.52
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2012 - 04:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David thank you, I will take you up on Registering to become a member of this forum.

Hi Jan sounds like you have as many problems as me, I bought this Ornament as a spare and it will be here if either you or I need it

Best Regards

Richard

(Message approved by david_gore)