Bentley Turbo RL Refurb.... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Bentley Turbo RL Refurb.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 181
Posted on Monday, 19 March, 2012 - 17:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jesus, will it ever go back together again...just for originalities sake and as I am somewhat of a masochist...my beloved Turbo RL is in for a full respray and refurb...thought this might interest some of the RROCA folk out there. This is what our cars look like under all that lovely paint work, chrome and body embellishments....hideous isn't it! 4 weeks in and another 3 to go...should be stunning though when complete...look out Concorse De Elegance this year, I intend to take you by the short and curlies!
J

Brian Crump
Prolific User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, 22 March, 2012 - 20:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good luck with it James.
If your car originally had a coachline it would be good if you could have it repainted by hand as it was originally so that it maintains the winning edge.
Regards,
Brian

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 183
Posted on Thursday, 22 March, 2012 - 22:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian,

Yep it has twin coachlines from factory and of course it will have them again! yes to them being painted on by hand with fine brush (camel hair I'm led to believe, only one guy in Sydney now able to do it I'm told...well adds to the myth), it was among the many many stipulations i have given to the paint shop. Anyway we'll see how it goes. I'm waiting with great expectations Brian!
Cheers

J

Michael Hicks
Experienced User
Username: bentleyman22

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, 22 March, 2012 - 22:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

a nice set of RT 17in Wheels will look Very Good