Wonderful journey Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Wonderful journey « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Lagden
Frequent User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 53
Posted on Sunday, 26 February, 2012 - 16:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Had to share with fellow enthusiasts and custodians the enjoyment in driving 1010 kms in Silver Shadow SRH19305 recently from Sydney to Maroochydore. I could not fault her, not a rattle, squeak, grumble, overheating issues, nothing in fact. It is a pure delight to drive and well worth the recent $ spent in getting the accumulators overhauled and new top and bottom ball joints on the front. Well worth waiting for 44 yrs to own one. Anyone contemplating ownership, I cannot stress enough the importance of regular servicing and driving your cars on a regular basis, these fine motor vehicles should be driven and not caged away and simply driven on fine days, use them regularly and they will be your best friend for many years.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Monday, 27 February, 2012 - 08:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Another convert - the Shadow loves regular use and long trips always bring out the best in them.

One of the best long-distance touring cars in the world despite its age IMHO.

Robert Howlett
Experienced User
Username: bobhowlett

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, 02 March, 2012 - 20:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Kevin
I'm planing a trip to Melbourne in my 1972 shadow as soon as I can get some time off work.
If any RR enthusiasts are passing by Rockhampton Cq there's an open invertation to any weary RR travelers a bed for the night or 2. The unit is self contained and has all the mod-cons "free of course" that one would expect from a RR owner.So if you driving North pop-in

cheers
rh