Why no Rolls Royce ? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Why no Rolls Royce ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.39.81.31
Posted on Thursday, 27 October, 2011 - 15:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm glad that The Queen & The Duke are in Australia again, but can some one please tell me why the Range Rover & not a Rolls Royce?

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Friday, 28 October, 2011 - 07:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The only Vice-Regal Rolls-Royce that I am aware of is the G-G's in Canberra.

I don't think a request to freight the Phantom around the Country would get a favourable response in the current political climate - I can imagine the contrived responses from both sides; very unedifying and divisive.

John Wright
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 124.148.53.199
Posted on Friday, 28 October, 2011 - 21:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

HE The Governor of Queensland also has a 1972 Phantom VI for State occasions.

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, 28 October, 2011 - 16:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sounds true David, but it could have been used in Canberra.

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 171
Posted on Wednesday, 09 November, 2011 - 13:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

and whats wrong with the Range Rovers anyway? Most of 'them' ( the Windsors ) get around in Range Rovers in UK and Europe all the time. Damn sight easier, more comfortable and I dare say a bit less outrageous than the huge pompose Bentley they use for state occasions.... gosh their new one (Bentley) is UGLY!! I do like the older RR Phantoms in the Royal Mews though!!! they are splendid.
Personally I think the fleet of Range Rovers in file look the business!!!!!

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, 09 November, 2011 - 16:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Range Rovers are fine James, I just do'nt think that they make a very good State Car. I agree with you on the Phantoms, but I also like the Bentleys.

Jan Forrest
Prolific User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 281
Posted on Wednesday, 09 November, 2011 - 20:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

None of the Royals are averse to using Land Rovers with HM even driving the late Queen Mother's 12-seater Series 1. Perhaps not the best motor for State Occasions, but at least it's British (a pity they aren't).