Peninsula Hotel (Tokyo) LWB Phantom... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Peninsula Hotel (Tokyo) LWB Phantom « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Linkenbagh
New User
Username: carllinkenbagh

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, 12 July, 2011 - 18:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi everyone,

I thought you might like to see some photos from September 2009 of the two long wheelbase Rolls Royce Phantoms operated by the Peninsula Hotel in Tokyo.

I am a massive "Goodwood Phantom" enthusiast and as such I always make a special effort to admire these incredible cars whenever an opportunity presents itself.

The cars operated by the Peninsula are amazing, which is to be expected! They have some interesting bespoke features such as the signature green paint, crests on the coachwork, LCD screens integrated into the picnic tables, personalised tread plates and a refrigerated compartment in the rear for cooling towels.

On my first visit to the hotel, I asked the chap at the door if I could see the cars and he had one especially brought up from the garage for me to see. I went back the next day, and got chatting to one of the chauffeurs. He took me to the garage for a closer look. It was a hugely enjoyable experience and an enormous privilege.

(Message edited by david_gore on 13 July 2011)

Kevin Lagden
Experienced User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 38
Posted on Thursday, 14 July, 2011 - 09:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great pictures, they have the same at the Peninsula in Hong Kong which my wife enjoyed back and forth to the airport a couple of years ago. They also have one at The Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Los Angeles, which is free around the local area.
Looks like a Sumo Wrestler has been sitting in the front of this one however, state of that seat cushion...

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 169
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2011 - 09:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looks like maybe a seat cover for the driver?