Hiring your services? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Hiring your services? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Amy
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 210.193.135.117
Posted on Friday, 30 April, 2004 - 12:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,

We were wondering about the possibility of someone providing wedding cars for us next year (Feb 26). We both love older style/classic Rolls Royces, and would be honoured to arrive at our wedding in such style!

Ideally we would need three cars, roughly matching, perhaps all in black, or silver, or white, from the 1950s period.

Although I know there can be insurance difficulties with this, from what I understand it happens quite often when the car owner actually drives the cars (as they are insured) and we would happily pay you accordingly. We have heard of couples paying for petrol and travel expenses, and additionally for the owner/driver's time, which we would be delighted to do.

If anyone is interested, please email us at jonathon_amy@yahoo.com.au.

Thank you very much,

Amy.

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 139
Posted on Friday, 30 April, 2004 - 23:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Amy it would help to know where you are Perth is a long way from Sydney if you get my drift!

Chris Gillings
Username: chrisg

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, 30 April, 2004 - 23:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials, Amy. However...

In NSW anyone who drives a wedding car for any remuneration (of any kind) but who doesn't have a wedding car licence is committing an offence. Under such circumstances their insurance cover (CTP included) would be void. You should ensure that anyone who responds to your offer (in NSW - I don't know about other states) is duly accredited so that there are no insurance issues.

This is why I've only ever chauffeured weddings for family or friends, since I can honestly say I'm doing it for free. (It's a really useful wedding present.)

Jeanne Eve
Username: jeve

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, 03 May, 2004 - 14:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Amy,
Delighted to see your query on this Open Forum. Whenever our Club attends a public event I get a real kick overhearing people exclaiming,"Oh look, that's like the car we were married in" and trust that they are recalling wonderful memories.Several Club members do have Rolls-Royce and Bentley motorcars registered as wedding vehicles. Feel free to contact me privately - Contact in Utilities on LHS of page &/or look up your Yellow Pages under Wedding cars.Similar to previous posts I am not sure which state you are in. I am based in Sydney however there are Club branches in all States and Territories.
Happy preparations,
Regards, Jeanne.