Transporting cars interstate Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Transporting cars interstate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Lagden
Experienced User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, 16 April, 2011 - 07:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would like to transport my vehicle SRH19305 to Queensland from Sydney. Does anyone out there know of a reputable company that can handle the freight. Appreciate any advice

Kevin

Barry Brears
Frequent User
Username: turney_2009

Post Number: 92
Posted on Saturday, 16 April, 2011 - 11:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Drive it up yourself I'm taking my old girl (T1 Bentley SBH 17291)from Batemans Bay to Queenstown Tasmania in 3 weeks time.Or you could try Toll Transport or Auto Trans have used them both both careful and obliging.
Barry

David Thomas
Experienced User
Username: davidthomas

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, 16 April, 2011 - 11:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin

I needed to have my Shadow returned by transporter from Canberra to Melbourne after last weekend's Federal Rally. RACV engaged G&K Pace Logistics and I found they did a good job.

David

Kevin Lagden
Experienced User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, 17 April, 2011 - 09:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks guys, I have tought about driving her all the way, could make for an interesting journey.

Kevin

Barry Brears
Frequent User
Username: turney_2009

Post Number: 93
Posted on Sunday, 17 April, 2011 - 18:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin,Its my experience having got 54 years of driving under my belt and having some real old bombs,its the small things that breakdown like busted fan belts or dodgy plugs and points or a puncture.Major things happen like a piston or conrod through the side of the block (which has happened to me with an old Ford Customline)only because I was racing an old ute through the bush.
Make sure the thermostat is good to save engine overheating R.R reccomend changing every 2 years.
I'm moving to the west coast of Tasmania not to many R.R's or Bentleys down there I think.
Barry