National Rally. Canberra. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » National Rally. Canberra. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Carson
Experienced User
Username: brian_carson

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, 12 April, 2011 - 12:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just wanted to express my view that I thought we had a wonderful Rally. This was my first RROCA rally. Many great memories. Also got to meet Bill Coburn...I had the pleasure of meeting many members, including Fred English and Bill Coburn -great characters. The amazing display on the lawns of the National Gallery was one but I attended the G for George - Lancaster Bomber dinner at the Australian War memorial with my two young sons and we were very moved by the video presentation and the memories from one of the pilots read by his son in law who is a commitee member in Canberra. I recall that we were told around 10000 Australians were in Bomber Command and 3700 (approx) did not return.

I forgot how beautiful Canberra is particularly at this time of the year. I cant wait till next time. I have around 1000 photos. I will be posting them gradually on my face book page "Classic Shots" for anyone interested. Its a public page so I think you can see them even if you dont have a face book log in.
Regards
Brian Carson