Wiper Woes Silver Early SZ Series Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Wiper Woes Silver Early SZ Series « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 405
Posted on Thursday, 10 February, 2011 - 23:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Greetings and salutations one and all.
I wonder if anyone can steer me in the right direction please?
On the way home tonight from a Club Meeting, the heavens opened up and I turned on my windscreen wipers (1982 Silver Spur ANC04359).
Now while the wipers worked fine on the normal setting during the deluge, I selected the intermittent setting when the rain settled into a drizzle and the damned thing didn’t work. This meant that I had to continually go to the normal speed and turn it on and off manually, which is a flaming nuisance.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can look to remedy the situation please?

Cheers

Rob

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 406
Posted on Thursday, 17 February, 2011 - 23:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Finally got to the wipers today and fiddled around with everything.
I cleaned the terminals on the wiper relays (although they looked pretty clean) and Viola! They are working again.
Must have developed a small patina on the terminals.
Thank you David Gore (via private message) and fellow self-helper Edward Zygmunt for pointing me in the right direction.

Lungmuss
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 195.93.21.34
Posted on Sunday, 20 February, 2011 - 01:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Robert,
I knew if I waited long enough I would eventually find the answer to the intermittent wipe on the RR Silver Spirit. As soon as I read the thread, cleaned the relays and the intermittent wipe worked!
Thanks for the contribution and info.
Clive

(Message approved by david_gore)

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 407
Posted on Sunday, 20 February, 2011 - 12:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It’s funny how we tend to always look at the most convoluted answers when in many cases, the simplest solution stares us boldly in the face. I suppose we always think that, in the case of Crewe products, it will always be difficult. Nice to know that this one was easy for a change.