Concours event Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Concours event « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Lagden
Experienced User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, 21 October, 2010 - 14:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It was my first event last weekend and I must say I was impressed with the turnout of all the cars present, almost 100 years of Rolls Royce/Bentley motoring in one place, a sight to behold indeed.
As an RR Silver Shadow owner (SRH 19305) number plate RR2 I was made to feel very welcomed by all those that I spoke to, many of whom I found, as I, also had a limited knowledge of all things technical which frankly put my mind at rest and I no longer felt a fool amongst experts.
My dear car, Bolly - named so due to my dear wife's love of the Bollinger brand of bubbly stuff was entered for the Encouragement Award and received some great admiring views from the public and those attendees alike.
Those hard yards, days and weeks keeping her in pristine condition certainly get her noticed. Now a quick tip, like it or not, I have used a clay bar on the paintwork which has left a smooth glass like finish and finished off with a good wax and Autoglym ultra gloss finish.
Anyway I shall certainly be putting in the membership papers and look forward to the next event.

Thanks for a great day

Kevin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Crump
Frequent User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 88
Posted on Thursday, 21 October, 2010 - 17:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We look forward to welcoming you officially at a Club meeting Kevin. Yes, Bolly is a fine car.
Regards,
Brian