New Baby in the family Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » New Baby in the family « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave Burbidge
Experienced User
Username: ovation

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, 29 September, 2010 - 19:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My wife has a limousine business on Mt Tamborine which is favorite wedding and tourist destination near the Gold Coast.
We decided to find an addition to the family and found a Bentley Mulsanne in brilliant condition except the engine was blowing clouds of smoke and running like a tractor.
When I checked the carbs against my Spur I noticed the choke lever had been fitted in reverse holding the choke fully open.A 2 minute fix later and a tune up by a Rolls mechanic on the Gold Coast ( yes there is one and it took me 18 months to find him )who found the mixture was twice as rich as it should be we now have a great car.
This is why it is essential to have two cars mechanically identical so you can compare them - at least thats my excuse.
We have now saved another fine specimen.
Our web site is wwww.goldrollsroyce.com if anyone is interested in our photos.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bcarson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.29.136.23
Posted on Wednesday, 29 September, 2010 - 21:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nice additon Dave. You will have to try to get to our next run to "The Heritage" at Mt Tamborine on the 17th of October.
Regards
Brian

(Message approved by david_gore)