Silver Shadow Statistics Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Silver Shadow Statistics « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Quirilio Vilorio III
Yet to post message
Username: qvilorio

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, 03 April, 2004 - 00:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Members,
We are proud owners of a 1969 Silver Shadow in the Dominican Republic. In the Dominican Republic there are 3 SS, 1 Silver Seraph and 2 Bently Turbo R and one Bently Mark VI. And we would like to know, How many SS from 1965-1976 are left in the world. Thank you!

William H. Trovinger II
Prolific User
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 90
Posted on Saturday, 03 April, 2004 - 14:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Quirilo

Good question. I think that would be impossible to answer. My understanding (which may be incorrect) is that each Club keeps its’ own registry. However, these are of only the cars owned by current members and not cross-referenced from club to club. I would believe that the RROC-AU has a fairly complete listing for the cars in Australia however the US accounted for a substantial amount of Rolls’ sales and the RROC here I think does not have such a listing.

Problem is the same as with all car clubs, they feel the registry is a way to get members so they limit it to members only. It would be nice to see someone try and make an open public registry of all RR/B for the first 100 years. It would not have to include owners’ names but rather just vehicle number and current location (city, country). Just a thought.

Regards,
Bill

Denis Altenburger
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 64.12.116.142
Posted on Sunday, 04 April, 2004 - 10:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello to everyone,
I currently own a 1980 Silver Shadow II, SRL41534C, and it has fuel injection on it. I have been wondering if anyone really knows how many 1980 RR and Bentleys were made with fuel injection.
I did contact RREC and they are not sure to the total number produced with fuel injection.
Call me curious, but inquiring minds want to know.

Many thanks,
denis

Wayne Shearman
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.58.1.12
Posted on Sunday, 04 April, 2004 - 18:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Denis and greetings all. According to Graham Robsons book The Rolls-Royce and Bentley Volume 3, fuel injection started at number 40194 .1980 to California. the last SS11 was number 41686 giving a worldwide total of 1492, not counting Bentleys but including some vehicles that may not have had FI fitted that year for other destinations. There were also a few chassis numbers not used, you know what it's like when the number stamp goes missing from your toolbox. Anyway, I believe the figure of 1492 of your model to be the absolute max. Look after her

denis altenburger
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 205.188.116.76
Posted on Sunday, 04 April, 2004 - 22:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Wayne and everyone,
Thanks for the info. A friend of mine did own a 1980 Bentley Corniche that was FI. A very nice car to ride in and drive. So I know of at least one B that was FI.
My restoration work is proceeding, albeit slowly, I'm just trying to get the interior back to the way it way originally. Nothing major, just loose bits and pieces and re-doing the parcel shelf.