Spy Cam Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Spy Cam « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.172
Posted on Thursday, 01 April, 2004 - 02:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A Rolls-Royce once used by NATO is said to have had a miniature survelliance camera custom built into the Flying Lady mascot. Has anyone else heard of this and if so, how it was, or could be done?

P Lockyer
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.131.143.10
Posted on Thursday, 01 April, 2004 - 03:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes it can be done.we have a car sent half way round the world to a certain workshop.
with bonnet removed the spy cam can watch the dwell and strobe timing being carried out as the camera is in the rear of the mascot.
fitting instructions will be given to-morrow as will the dwell meter. we are a day behind here UK.

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 123
Posted on Thursday, 01 April, 2004 - 09:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Having worked in the defence area for many years but also retired many years I am distressed that this material has become public. It may as well now be revealed that the capture of the former Head of State of the currently most popular Arab state was facilitated by visually augmented Spirits of Ecstacy installed on the various examples of the Rolls-Royce Marque that he had 'acquired'. The overall philosphy of these iniatives is not new. As far back as the late 50's it was discovered that listening devices could easily be installed in Rolls-Royces due to their inherant silence. There was even a project that I lost track of to analyse the faint noise generated by the manual gearbox which could give a clue as to the destinations the car visited. Of pertinance it can also be revealed that with the current spate of car demolitions in the Middle East, one Rolls-Royce was loaded to door cappings with appropriate chemicals and detonated strategically. Apparently the construction of the car was such that the vehicle simply temporarily 'swelled' then subsided, containing the output of the chemicals within. I imagine the leather would not have fared well but then a large jar of Connoll's usually works wonders.

(Message edited by admin on April 05, 2004)

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.173
Posted on Thursday, 01 April, 2004 - 17:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pat.. thanks for your information, but please dont go to any trouble locating and sending instructions etc. Early today, a good friend in advertising who has strong connections with T.V networks (he has just landed the lucrative rights to some show about a Postman and his black & white cat!) told me that the media people have these miniaturised cameras as they had recently installed one in a car to expose some kind of consumer scam on Cowboy car repairs e.g work charged for but not performed. Anyway, he will contact the shows producers so that we can locate the actual mnfr./supplier of these diminutive "Spy-Cam" units. Again, thanks for your input.

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.173
Posted on Thursday, 01 April, 2004 - 17:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Bill, This is certainly the day to remind ourselves of the ingenuity of man. A Rolls-Royce that swells "up" internally thereby crushing the occupants (the bad guys!)only to resume its normal proportions after the bodies have been removed and all presumably by remote control by the "good" guys etc. Who knows, we might see or hear more about one of these cars on either of the excellent British T.V shows "Spooks" or "State of Play" etc. I sure will keep a lookout for any of these "special project" type vehicles!

Pat Lockyer
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.131.152.55
Posted on Thursday, 01 April, 2004 - 20:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Fitting instructions,it just sits between here legs,micro technology.
Spy cam starts up only with rough engine,switches off after the dwell strobe is set correctly as engine now runs smooth.
Spy cams were technical no good in the early forty's with testings on the battle front however it was soon found out that the SW radios on the Churchill tanks could detect the German tiger & Leopard tank positions by there rougher running engines than our smooth running engines with correct distributor dwell meter strobe set up.
This of course is now known common knowledge

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.181
Posted on Thursday, 01 April, 2004 - 20:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just received e-mail from a contact in Zurich. It reads,in part...vehicle does exist. RRM and MI6 deny all knowledge as does the European builder. vehicle rarely sighted. deployment only in special theatres for "pressing" engagements. Message ends. Dare I suggest that they have no record of passenger complaints either ?

Pat Lockyer
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 213.122.221.226
Posted on Thursday, 01 April, 2004 - 22:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I to have had e-mails [five] from different department's saying that if Rolls Royce's are maintained correctly the do not get passenger complaints only appraisal

William H. Trovinger II
Prolific User
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 86
Posted on Friday, 02 April, 2004 - 03:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentleman;

Assuming that you are truly interested in this subject and not just having some April 1st fun. I would suggest that you visit the following web site http://www.hiddenpinholecameras.com/index.htm

Regards,
Bill

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.204
Posted on Friday, 02 April, 2004 - 09:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill.. Thanks for the lead on the Miniature camera site which I will explore over the week end. But back to the "contracting" clandestine ops. Rolls-Royce which arose during this discussion. I am reliably advised of the following specs. 1/ "Bentley" Turbo RL. 2/ vehicle is armoured and has so-called "run flat" tires. 3/ Is equipped with a divider. 4/ Small "Wraith" type rear window with all rear/side glass heavily shaded. 5/ Special dark colored air "bags" in rear seats and in the rear of the front seats. 6/ Deployment of air bags is by driver operation only and all bags remain inflated until deflation/evacuation by driver control. 6/ LPG like tank in trunk is actually a compressed air tank which serves the air bags upon command. 7/ Central locking deactivated for drivers door. Despite being heavier than normal,the vehicle apparently goes like a scalded black and white cat so you can be sure that at the very least, the ignition timing is "right".

(Message edited by admin on April 02, 2004)

Pat Lockyer
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.131.187.160
Posted on Friday, 02 April, 2004 - 09:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bill.Thanks for info on pinhole cameras but i think it certainly our colleague who is a prime candidate for the use of one of those contraptions put in a certain part of his anatomy.
Will help him on his way for his new found fame on the screen with his smart but clever words.
Regards Pat.

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.91
Posted on Sunday, 04 April, 2004 - 19:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just back from that deserved break and many e-mails received, one of which updates us on the clandestine special ops. "Bentley" Turbo RL, with (among other things) a somewhat modified rear passenger compartment. Apparently the "guest" occupants find the experience both breathtaking and absorbing.