How to remove the seat switches in a ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » How to remove the seat switches in a Shadow I « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 104
Posted on Sunday, 22 February, 2009 - 19:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am trying to repair some minor damage to the black vinyl around the seat switches in the centre console of the Shadow (series one).

After trying to do it in situ I've decided that it really needs to be taken out to be done properly.

There are two chrome rings holding the switches in place; an outer and an inner. The inner has a small hole in the rim which would seem to be for starting to loosen the thread - assuming there is one.

It doesn't move however.

Should I carefully put some WD40 there and force it? Or do these switches come off some other way?

If anyone has ever removed these I'd appreciate some advice.

Cheers,

Jeff

Paul Yorke
Prolific User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 282
Posted on Monday, 23 February, 2009 - 04:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes :-)

Also there are two screws under the tunnel carpet which may let you turn the housing a little, so you can wiggle the switches from the back to help loosen the inner ring. There is a flat on the thread so it will not turn completely

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 105
Posted on Monday, 23 February, 2009 - 06:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Paul - I've found the 2 scews under the carpet and will work on it today.