I am thinking of developing a hydraul... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » I am thinking of developing a hydraulic system seminar that could travel « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, 27 November, 2003 - 22:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Everyone
Should I?
Would you be interested in?
Am I wasting my time?

I am thinking of developing a hydraulic system seminar that could travel, like a hands on museum exhibit, for RROC member regions and duplicates for around the world.
The whole thing needs to be simple, safe and small, no larger than a foot locker.
Interesting, odd or expensive personal stories from members willing to share in detail.
Pictures are always nice.

Need a supply of USED flex brake lines, more is better, all will be demolished sooner, not later, year and model don't matter.

#1. Want to cut up some for show.
#2. Build small high pressure test stand to explode (box, 1.25 inch thick Plexi/Lexan like in bank) some for show.
#3. Pulsate some to show how they move.
#4. Hope for some restricted or blocked hoses to show the no flow, reduced flow, one-way flow/lockup problem.
#5. Hope to find some severe corrosion of fitting, possible leak.
I have two 1978 crud filled pumps; would you share any internal hydraulic system parts to corroded to save/rebuild?
I would really appreciate a couple of ruptured accumulator diaphrams.
The nastier the parts are, the better they will be for show.
Bloomfield Eurotech
45671 Woodward Avenue
Pontiac, MI 48341
Work Phone 248-334-6400 Fax 248-334-2363
asemastermechanic@juno.com

Robert Chapman
Experienced User
Username: shadow

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, 09 January, 2004 - 21:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi whunter,sounds like it could be a good idear.I am all in favour of anything that brings the need for service and safety checks to the owners attention.We would on average change about 10 complete sets of hoses per month,I would estimate 50% of all work is hydraulic system related.I have built up a collection of photographs ranging from pumps to spheres to camshafts and restricted hoses (both pressure and supply/return).Would be happy to assist in anyway with parts or photos.

Patrick Lockyer.
Prolific User
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 45
Posted on Saturday, 06 November, 2004 - 08:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert Chapman.
In the 50% of hydraulic related work is that including the frequent 363 fluid changes.

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 85
Posted on Saturday, 06 November, 2004 - 10:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert Chapman gave a clear concise answer here.
Roughly; fifty percent of all service performed on post war cars is on the brake system..