Technical Library Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Technical Library « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Tuesday, 18 March, 2008 - 02:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On our Australian site, we have just updated the MkVI manuals section to include the combined service manual for MkVI, Silver Dawn, R-Type, PIV and derivatives, and a zipped version too.

http://rrtechnical.info/

http://rrtechnical.info/MkVI//02_mkvi_02.htm

Also, the library now includes the service and repair manual for all Hydramatic transmissions of Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars up until the Silver Shadow.

http://rrtechnical.info/03_Trans_03.htm

There is much more to come for all models when time permits. Errors and omissions will be addressed as priorities as they emerge.

RT.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 1356
Posted on Wednesday, 19 March, 2008 - 20:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Also now included is the service and repair manual for the Silver Shadow 4-Speed Hydramatic Transmission.

http://rrtechnical.info/03_Trans_03.htm

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Wednesday, 19 March, 2008 - 21:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Also there is now the THM400 manual fro Silver Shadow and Bentley cars. Although almost the same, the THM400 / 3L80 manuals for SSII T2, and also for early SZ and then SZs from 1987 chassis 20000 will follow shortly.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Thursday, 20 March, 2008 - 04:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Service and repair manuals for all Automatic transmissions of Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars until the 4L80E overdrive units of 1992 are now featured individually on the Technical Library at:

http://rrtechnical.info/ .

The Silver Shadow II / T2 files are still rather large even after splitting and reduction. However, anyone with broadband will have no problems. They will be substituted if more compact versions become available.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 1359
Posted on Friday, 21 March, 2008 - 18:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

TeeOne Issue 73 is now online, thanks of course to Bill Coburn. Read more detail on why spare wheels never fall out in Germany.

http://rrtechnical.info/

http://rrtechnical.info/TeeOne/teeone.htm

http://rrtechnical.info/TeeOne/TO73.pdf

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2119
Posted on Monday, 19 April, 2010 - 09:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is a general question for all.

About to be loaded to the Technical Library are:

Hydramatic manual TSD471 (In colour, the existing one is B&W) 25MB

Hydramatic manual TSD2042 Bookmarked (the existing one is in sections selected by our index web page) 37MB

TSD471 and TSD2042 are different manuals, but both cover Hydramatics from the R-Type until the introduction of the Silver Shadow RHD. However, TSD2476 section T, already in the library in the transmissions section, covers the Silver Shadow hydramatic which has a sprag version of the 4-speed Hydramatic.

Hydramatic service bulletins (the existing set is less extensive) 10MB

SC1 spares Bookmarked (the existing one is in sections selected by our index web page) 19MB

SC2 Bulletins Bookmarked (the existing one is in sections selected by our index web page) 28MB

SC3 Bulletins Bookmarked (the existing one is in sections selected by our index web page) 21MB

In due course, both sets will be updated so that they both reflect the fullest information available.

QUESTION: Do users have a problem with these file download sizes ? There will be a reminder of the document sizes, and the option will always be there to download the manuals in sections as before.

RT.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Monday, 19 April, 2010 - 09:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard/ Despite having all the manuals with me in hard copy, I so often go to the library and extract the page I want or download the section. People with low net speed simply have to cut their cloth and download over night or have patience. Let us not sacrifice clarity for speed.

Bill Payne
Experienced User
Username: wimpy

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, 19 April, 2010 - 11:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mr. Coburn shows intelligence on so many levels.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Monday, 19 April, 2010 - 11:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill/ Thanks for that compliment, I shall take it is a birthday present - today I am 73 - and still breathing!

Laurie Fox
Frequent User
Username: laurie_fox

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, 19 April, 2010 - 11:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill

Birthday greetings. All being well you have a long way to go yet before you catch me up.

Regards

Laurie

Bill Payne
Experienced User
Username: wimpy

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, 19 April, 2010 - 11:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've always believed age is just a number (although the attendant aches & pains may be innumerable), so it's really all in the mind. Regardless, hope you have a wonderful birthday and lots more!

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 951
Posted on Monday, 19 April, 2010 - 15:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hey Bill - you are living proof only the good die young..........

Have a great birthday and pour yourself a good dram which will convey my best wishes for many more years to come.

Colin Silver
Prolific User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 131
Posted on Monday, 19 April, 2010 - 15:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill, you look so old in the photos. I'm glad you are just a young bloke as us younger ones still need what's in your brain.

Gus Brogden
Frequent User
Username: gus

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, 19 April, 2010 - 17:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy birthday Bill.

John Shostrom
Prolific User
Username: silvawraith2

Post Number: 114
Posted on Monday, 19 April, 2010 - 22:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy Birthday, Bill!

Cheers,

John

Piotr Pogorzelski
Yet to post message
Username: trespas

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, 18 January, 2024 - 23:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello, I am new one on forum so I would like to say hello to all.

And also I would like to ask if anyone know, is it any source other then: https://rrtechnical.info (which is great and helped me many times) of technical documentation for our cars. I noticed that in many documents some pages are missing - for example tsd5069 - and I can not find it completely.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4258
Posted on Friday, 19 January, 2024 - 06:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Missing pages in RR Technical information is an obstacle we have to contend with as these documents have been provided by our forum members and visitors and reflect what information was in their original copy of the documents.

We can only rely on holders of original documents providing copies of missing pages which then can be edited into the Technical Library file.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3353
Posted on Friday, 19 January, 2024 - 15:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Also do not forget that there are some documents from Crewe that are actually missing pages/sections as they were originally issued.

One example of that is TSD4700. It makes reference to a section C3 that is missing, yet even the version available from the Bentley Heritage online technical library, pretty much a definitive source, is missing it, too.

What do you find missing in TSD5069? A quick (very quick) review of the copy I've got looks complete.

Brian

Piotr Pogorzelski
New User
Username: trespas

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, 23 January, 2024 - 00:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David, Brian
Thank You for answer.

In TSD5069 (part2) there is no 36, 38, 40, 42 pages which should contain description of Auto RIde Control.

Regardless of some missing pages, the entire library is exceptional and certainly helps a lot of enthusiasts, including me.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3354
Posted on Tuesday, 23 January, 2024 - 02:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Piotr,

None of the versions of TSD5069 I have include those pages either.

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: