Waist Strips Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Waist Strips « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Debbie Saville
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 14:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

EMERGENCY!!

We were only days away from completing the full restoration of our Silver Cloud 1 when distaster struck. Our precious Chromium plater destroyed 3 of our door waist strips. Can anyone please help us in locating new or good second hand repacments. We need both front door waist strips, the rear drivers door strip and all clips (bearing in mind this is a right hand drive vehicle).

We assume that these would be the same as the Bentley series 1 and maybe the 2 and 3.

We would appreciate any and all advice and help, as being owners yourselves, you can imagine the stress we are going through.
Regards
Debbie Saville
Gold Coast Queensland
Australia

Jim Bettison
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 14:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The following is an address where you could almost certainly buy new or equivalent items. They have been very good for me, and I can, with one proviso, recommend them.

Their e-mail is

experts@healeybros.co.uk

The individual I deal with is Eric Healey.

The proviso: better be sitting down when you get the quote ...

PS: They have a Web page. Can't remember it offhand, but I suggest you do a search for Healey Bros.

Good luck

M. Lollich
Posted on Thursday, 19 April, 2001 - 09:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I know it's a bit far afield, but there's a chap who has operations in California and Oregon - Tony Handler - who has just about anything you might want, 1947 - now. Sorry, but he doesn't show an email address, however, his fax is 310-479-1197. I assume there are smarter people than I who will know what extra numbers to add for transmission from down under!

Mernon Lollich (RROC, California)

M. Lollich
Posted on Thursday, 19 April, 2001 - 10:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

P.S.

I would be willing to bet the farm that Handler has the moulding strips you're talking about.

Mernon

Darren Vawser
Posted on Monday, 30 April, 2001 - 19:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Debbie
I may have some second hand door waste strips
in sydney.
ph.(02)96988822
John Vawser Motors
35 William st Alexandria
ask for John Vawser

regards
Darren Vawser

Debbie Saville
Posted on Tuesday, 01 May, 2001 - 08:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thankyou to everyone concerned who have helped out in giving me advise on replacing our waist strips. Thanks to the internet we did manage to get them from Leslie Abbott - Rolls Royce and Bentley Spares in England - and had to rechrome them here in Australia. As a few of you have mentioned, since the waist strips, we have found Eric Healey in UK very helpful and reasonably priced in supplying us with a few parts.
Unfortuneatly, as everyone knows, the dollar is so low we paid a fortune for the parts but when we so proudly see our finished Cloud, the money is soon forgotten.
Kindest Regards to All
Debbie