Need new tyres Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Need new tyres « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Max Cuypers
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 130.95.128.51
Posted on Tuesday, 29 April, 2003 - 20:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I need 5 new tyres for my 1932 20/25. I was suggested a set of Michelin 500/600-19 by Antique Tyre Supplies at a price of $679 each, but I would prefer something a bit more economical. From the USA are tyres available such as Universal or Excelsior for less then $200. Does anyone have suggestions where to shop in (Western) Australia?

Thank you
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Vatter
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 67.35.52.43
Posted on Thursday, 01 May, 2003 - 08:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If you want the Michelin tyres you were quoted, they are available here:

http://www.coker.com/

for less than $200 US each. There also is a 650/19 by Firestone, which is a very good tire for a little over $100 US for black. I have been running this Firestone tyre on my Silver Wraith (600/650-17 size) and find it very good. Very round, needs little weight to balance, and long wearing (14K miles and still half or more tread left). White also available for more $. Maybe 650 is too big for you. Also a 550-16 Goodrich for similar price in white and black, but I do not know anyone with experience with this tyre.

Of course shipping would be significant, and delivery will be slow unless you choose air freight, but $679 Au is too much to pay for tyres in my opinion.