Dealing with the Vandal - Security Su... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Dealing with the Vandal - Security Surveillance and Revenge « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3585
Posted on Wednesday, 19 February, 2020 - 07:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A second post from Vladimir for your interest:

"I never park my Spirit where I cannot see it.

Vandals who are from a generally gutless gene pool tend to be attracted to RR/B.

In Australia you are permitted to protect your property from fools damaging your property BUT like most law here what you do to stop a vandal is couched in vague terms subject to judicial interpretation such as "what is reasonable in circumstances" etc.

Obviously blasting away at the blighters with a handgun is not acceptable unless you are looking for free long term jail type accommodation with meals included.

So I am fitting a full camera system that records every angle from the car from the inside to the outside so unless the vandal was smart enough to wear a balaclava I will have a good digital record of the vandalization and his/her face.

With that record I could go to cops. That can often be futile unless one has a friend of a friend who happens to be a deputy Commissioner or thereabouts.

Then I start publishing photos of vandal on A4 paper offering a cash reward for the name and address for said vandal and circulate these flyers.

Then I go to the court and get a summons in the civil jurisdiction and sue said vandal for RR dealership quote of repairs. (Ouch!) Said vandal will more than likely be somebody who is worth half a packet of wet cheap cigarettes or even less. So eventually you get judgement against them. Obviously, they don't pay because they can't pay. (Exception: Drunk vandal who owns real estate or other property that can be seized by court sheriff)

The next step is to issue a summons for the cross examination of debtor as to their means to pay. If they don't turn up at court a warrant is issued for their arrest and the cops drag them to court. Once at court you get to ask them questions as to their means to pay. IE Income minus living expenses. People really don't like being asked these types of questions especially if you put into the summons that they are required to produce their bank records.

One of the first jobs you get as a first year articled clerk or barrister/lawyer is the cross examination of debtors and your client will always be a bank or a finance company who really have perfected the art of removing all the flesh from the bone. When I did this caper 30 years ago my success rate of getting penniless beggars to pay up was 99 percent. I graduated from that to obtaining court orders chucking people out of their houses for defaulting on mortgage payments and I set records for the shortest times in having people chucked out.

Now you may have come to the conclusion that without a lot of effort the legal system is useless against vandals especially broke ones.

Thus PLAN B.

Lifelike human-size dark sunglasses and hat wearing mannequin/blow up dolls with severely tattooed arms are available.

Have your RR/B wired so you can turnoff the hidden battery isolator switch in the boot compartment but leave the music still playing.

Vandals tend not to attack when a shady looking brute is sitting in the car - the suicidal vandal being the exception.

The dolls can be modified using superglue and cheap cosmetic makeup to put the frighteners on pit bull terriers when deep facial scars are visible. Another nice touch is a plastic even edible blunt chrome plated cut-throat razor laying on the dashboard but don't use a real one because that falls under "carrying a weapon in public" for reasons I can't explain.

Not fashionable?"

Ok PLAN C.

You approach sober and we'll suited (Amani) the largest meanest looking nightclub bouncer you can find, pull out a large roll of hundred dollar bills and give him a note and a number to call and thereafter hire said bouncer to sit in or stand near your car. Too expensive?

PLAN D.

THE MAD SCOT

I really cannot tell you what the Mad Scot does to people who approach my Cadillac let alone the Spirit. And I can never say what happens to a vandal in broad daylight when the Mad Scot is lurking - but trust me it's messy.

I am open to suggestions for PLAN E. But in the mean time reread my first line.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Watson
New User
Username: crikeydawn

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, 18 August, 2023 - 17:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Perhaps rather than tying them up and taking them for a 10hr drive west, then remove their shirt and shoes and beat them blue with a stick, after mincing their hands with a brick. And leaving them to walk home pondering on the statement “if I ever see you again I will ……… you”, with that unstable nut case look in your eyes like you want it to happen.

It’s probably easier to attach a small GPS tracking device to said vehicle, $100. And fit a small discrete camera that links and alerts your phone. That way you can ford all the information required to the police to do their job. Chances are sadly, they will know the offender anyway.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: