Information needed on 'Piping' system... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Information needed on 'Piping' system « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Julie
Posted on Saturday, 12 April, 2003 - 20:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I apologise for my lack of technical jargon, but I am a new Silver Shadow 1 (1968) owner, who has been asked by her mechanic to obtain some technical info. So here goes.
After taking ownership of my new baby, I noticed that the drivers side rear suspension was lower than the passenger side. On inspection my mechanic noted that the pump which is responsible for fuelling the suspension has been disconnected, and would like to investigate further, however to do so he requires a diagram of the piping system. Can anyone help, or advise me where I can obtain one from fairly quickly.
Thank you very much

Bill Coburn
Posted on Saturday, 12 April, 2003 - 22:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Julie,

I suspect that the disconnected piping is some of the old plumbing from the front end levelling that was not only disconnected very early in the piece but was retrospectively disconnected on all cars so fitted unless the owner declined to have the modification. There are two hydraulic pumps on the engine at the front and rear of the intake manifold and only the rear pump is responsible for levelling the rear of the car. Is this disconnected? The more likely explanation for your friend's car is that a spring has collapsed in which case both front springs should be replaced.

David Gore
Posted From: 63.60.233.116
Posted on Monday, 21 April, 2003 - 20:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Julie,

If you are still monitoring this thread, please email me at;

technical@nsw.rroc.org.au

and I will arrange to return email the required diagrams.