Mascot Alarm Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Mascot Alarm « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Posted on Sunday, 30 March, 2003 - 19:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have had a request for information on the fitting of alarms to the Spirit of Ecstasy to frustrate potential purloiners of this item.

I would appreciate advice on when R-R/B vehicles were first fitted with mascot alarms as standard equipment.

Bill Coburn
Posted on Monday, 31 March, 2003 - 06:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David the first factory fitted alarm I have seen is on our local 1985 Spirit. They used the gearchange isolator switches incidentally from the S series as a switch. Plenty of Shadows have alarms but they are all (in my experience) locally made fittings.

David Gore
Posted on Monday, 31 March, 2003 - 21:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Bill - I initially thought it may have been the Spur however the 1985 period would be about right as this was the time car alarms became a "must have" item - only problem was the number of false alarms and the fact that everyone ended up ignoring the alarms much to the delight of car thieves/part strippers.

Bill Coburn (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, 01 April, 2003 - 07:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

True. When I first got my hands on the Spirit the alarm had been disconnected. It was well made and mounted so I suspect the owner was somewhat discombobulated by people playing touchies with the lady. The home made varieties I have seen use a window switch which is not waterprooof and fairly flimsy in such an application.