"Sweating" Hydraulic Line Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » "Sweating" Hydraulic Line « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Jensen
New User
Username: carl_jensen

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, 20 August, 2005 - 06:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I recently replaced the hydraulic hose that runs from the resorvoir to the two hydraulic pumps on my 1975 Shadow LRD20648. This was about the time I switched to the "new" RR363. At first I just used fuel line, but it soon started to sweat (droplets appear on the outside of the hose). I then bought proper hoses through an RR dealer and they do the same thing. This is really weird, especially since there is no pressure other than gravity feed in these hoses. Crewe is going to look into this, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this same problem. Thanks!

Sweating Hydraulic Hose

Sweating Hydraulic Hose #2

(Message edited by david_gore on August 22, 2005)

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 155
Posted on Sunday, 21 August, 2005 - 11:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For your safety:
I would flush the total system.
That reaction looks like defective hose or chemical contamination.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 497
Posted on Monday, 22 August, 2005 - 12:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I agree - this is not normal and I suspect old hose that has not been stored properly or in contact with ozone causing the rubber to perish.

Carl Jensen
New User
Username: carl_jensen

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, 11 September, 2005 - 19:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the help on this one! I sent the hoses back to the dealer who has forwarded them to Crewe. I ordered another set from overseas (England) and they are working fine. I also thoroughly flushed the system in conjunction with a lot of work I have done. Thanks again for your help.

Barry Davis
Unregistered guest
Posted From: proxy.anglian-windows.com
Posted on Tuesday, 14 November, 2006 - 03:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I replaced hoses with correct RR parts and fushed complete system and the hoses still "weep" I cannot understand reason except that the fluid has some form of lubricant which goes through as a form osmosis.

(Message approved by david_gore)

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 183
Posted on Tuesday, 14 November, 2006 - 16:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wipe the hoses with alcohol, then watch to see if the surface condensation returns.