Attaching Accumulator to Its Valve Bo... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Attaching Accumulator to Its Valve Body on Shadow « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Jensen
New User
Username: carl_jensen

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, 04 August, 2005 - 17:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I just received a rebuilt accumulator and valve assembly from Introcar for my 1975 Shadow LRD20648. The two assemblies came as separate pieces, and the service manual states that I need a special tool (RH 7860) to tighten the accumulator onto the valve body. Does anyone know of a way to do this without the tool since my big wrenches are too thick to fit between the two assemblies? Thanks for your help, and I apologize if this particular procedure has already been discussed. I looked in past posts and didn't see it mentioned, but there were so many that I may have missed it. Thanks again!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 480
Posted on Thursday, 04 August, 2005 - 18:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Carl you are right it does take a special tool.

accumulator spanner. In its absence I would beg buy or borrow a chain wrench and wrap it around the central ring. Be sure you have a new seal between the accumulator and the valve body suitable lubed with RR363. If there is the slightest indication of the ring moving while you are tightening cease and desist!