Identification of my Bentley Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Identification of my Bentley « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nelson (64.12.96.136)
Posted on Friday, 06 December, 2002 - 16:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a 1957 Bentley and would like to know were to start to identify as much I can about it
the vin # is B332DB, four door 6 cilinder can anyone help this biginner? Thanks,gracias e obrigado
Nelson Delaware USA

Bill Vatter (67.35.52.23)
Posted on Friday, 06 December, 2002 - 23:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RROC(A) members, please excuse my promoting another club on your website, but this is really a generic comment for all residents of the planet:

Join your local RR club.

For Nelson, you should join the RROC (US) and get a copy of the chassis card from club HQ. There is also considerable additional information at HQ, which can be researched. However, the RREC in the UK is the primary sourch of archive information on these cars. Membership there can open a tremendous source of car history for you.

Bill Coburn (203.51.32.90)
Posted on Saturday, 07 December, 2002 - 14:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What an ironic co-incidence. In another thread David Gore is making entreaties to other Clubs to be a little more sharing with their information and here we have an apparent 'babe-in-the-woods' asking for help. I gather there has been some debate in the Australian Club as to whether this forum should be closed to non- members, so far resisted because among other reasons the current system allows anyone to contribute. Judging by the fire and brimstone warnings emitted by our web-master there are a few who abuse this but by far the majority hop in and help. I have not as yet seen the British or American forums and I have no doubt they are of great value but a recent cursory excursion into the American site while very impressive left me with absolutely no information whatsoever. In summary I am proud of this site and believe it practices the very ideals of the movement and is a credit to our Club.

Bill Vatter (67.35.52.23)
Posted on Sunday, 08 December, 2002 - 02:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

To Bill Coburn:

I'm not trying to be stand-offish to non-club members in any way. I hope Nelson sees my post as an invitation and not a slap. I infer from Nelson's post that he wants information for his specific car, about which I know nothing, but I do know how to start looking. I therefore responded to Nelson's request with two items:

1. New owners desiring to learn more about their car, either specifically or generically, are best advised to join the club, whatever club(s) they perceive will best meet their needs. I am sure few could argue with this recommendation.

2. Information regarding specific cars is archived by the clubs and is available to members for a small administrative fee to cover expenses.

The US public forum may be accessed here:

http://web.rroc.org/resources/public_forum.html

Bill, my email is vatteb@bellsouth.net Please contact me.

Posted on Sunday, 08 December, 2002 - 14:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

To the avid reader.

Separately I have emailed Bill assuring him I was not having a swipe at him or the overseas Clubs. I simply felt a little jingoistic and it seemed a good time to give Chris a small fillip of encouragement. We are indeed so forunate to have the correspondents that we do and that they are prepared to share their knowledge.

Although by default I seem to have been aligned with the Shadow mob could I suggest to the Mk VI Registrar that he gather up some of the more esoteric threads that have been on these pages and present them as papers on the Register 'Library'. That would make them more accessable and hopefully ensure that they are not lost.

Posted on Sunday, 08 December, 2002 - 20:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

To Bill Vatter

Seems I can't win.I have tried twice to email you and they have been bounced.

Bill Vatter (67.35.50.236)
Posted on Monday, 09 December, 2002 - 04:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill,

sorry my poor typing

vatterb@bellsouth.net

Nelson (205.188.209.43)
Posted on Tuesday, 10 December, 2002 - 03:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very Very Very sorry Mr Coburn
Next time I will learn how to knock before enter!!
I guess I will have to get used to do business in a more relaxed way (lol)
I am shure that not all members see clearly if there is one "babe-in-the woods" or not.
Thak you Bill Watter for you time and goodwill
The site was very helpfull.Some people knows how to put a smile in to words.

Nelson
My e mails was returned
here it is Ben tleyB332@aol.com

Nelson (205.188.209.43)
Posted on Tuesday, 10 December, 2002 - 03:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It is Ben tleyB332

Posted on Tuesday, 10 December, 2002 - 10:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nelson

Absolutely no apology needed. Welcome to the movement where you will find many many very helpful people. Good luck with your project.

brian
Posted on Thursday, 13 February, 2003 - 08:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

good to have an open forum
rrec in uk is closed - what are they protecting?
strange request for min 20 words