Bonnet pads Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Bonnet pads « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn (203.51.30.137)
Posted on Wednesday, 13 November, 2002 - 08:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter Senn asked about re-covering the pads under the bonnet of his Silver Shadow - a task I have often added to my list of things to follow up. The material to be used needs to be fine and fireproof and is basically a PVC material well sprayed with a fire retardent. These things are well known to competant trimmers, the retardent is available from most hardware shops. Getting the pads off is straightforward, cleaning them is not easy but perseverance should help. If the guts of the pads has been destroyed, high density insulwool will do very nicely. The re-covering should cost with materials under $200 which compares favourably with $1600 new!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Yet to post message
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, 18 May, 2003 - 14:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am sorry but someone asked me about the material for bonnet pads and I have lost the thread. As much detail as I have is on page 252 in Tee One Topics ( Issue 19 Nov/Dec 2002 ).