Post Number: 2618
|Posted on Thursday, 03 August, 2017 - 08:55 am: |
As long as I can remember, Lucas automotive electrical components have engendered both positive and negative comments.
Some of the negative comments are:
* The Lucas motto: Get home before dark.
* Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
* Lucas Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
* Lucas Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
* The three position Lucas switch Dim, Flicker and Off.
* The Original Anti-Theft Device Lucas Electrics.
* Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices
* Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.
* I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never had any trou
* If Lucas made guns, wars would not start
My USA mate has owned British cars and motor bikes over the decades and recently came across a set of Lucas Electric Test Cards from the 1970's. The full set may be downloaded from the following links:
Lucas Test Card 1 Diagnosing Ignition System
Lucas Test Card 2 Diagnosing the Starting System
Lucas Test Card 3 Diagnosing A.C. Charging Systems
Lucas Test Card 4 Diagnosing D.C. Charging Systems
Lucas Test Card 5 Diagnosing Opus Electronic Ignitions
Lucas Test Card 6 Diagnosing Constant Energy Electronic Ignition
Certainly worth keeping.............
Post Number: 339
|Posted on Thursday, 03 August, 2017 - 06:46 pm: |
The best known one is Lucas prince of darkness lol
Don't knock them they kept me employed as an auto-electritian for years!
Post Number: 1639
|Posted on Thursday, 03 August, 2017 - 07:35 pm: |
Great stuff David.
The only one I remember is.
Lucas, the inventor of darkness.
Post Number: 141
|Posted on Wednesday, 29 November, 2017 - 02:11 am: |
I have a shirt that says: Why do the British drink warm beer?
Lucas makes their refrigerators.
Post Number: 2528
|Posted on Wednesday, 29 November, 2017 - 11:11 am: |
Some might be amused by this humorous take on an eBay auction, with Q&A at the end, for the Lucas Smoke Replacement Kit.