New member saying hello and help Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » New member saying hello and help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Marc greene
Yet to post message
Username: marc1969

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 04 June, 2017 - 17:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello all just joined I'm in the uk in Buckinghamshire Milton Keynes I work as a vehicle technician doing all sorts we had a customer in recently who had bought a bentley turbo r with visions but alas he had not done hi homework when buying such a vehicle which leads me onto I now own it he was selling so cheap I could not turn it down so now the proud owner it has a list of problems firstly head gaskets I have pulled engine but now I need gaskets and valve stem seals can anyone recommend somewhere? Cheers

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 321
Posted on Sunday, 04 June, 2017 - 19:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Marc
Flying Spares are very reputable, friendly and helpful,
http://www.flyingspares.com/?gclid=CMGSztLpo9QCFRaNGwodyBQEFg
Tell them I sent you can't do any harm
Mike

Jonas TRACHSEL
Prolific User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 135
Posted on Sunday, 04 June, 2017 - 23:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Marc
Welcome to this forum of enthusiasts from all over the world. Come forward anytime with all questions and you will get friendly help such as by Michael Vass.
Get your Bentley in good nick. A well sorted Turbo R gives pleasure of ownership on end....
Jonas

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 755
Posted on Monday, 05 June, 2017 - 01:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Marc welcome to this forum I have a Bentley turbo R, Michael is right about Flying spares, very helpful, also our own Professional Mr Paul Yorke info@everythingrollsroyce.com, Enjoy your car.

Richard.

Marc greene
New User
Username: marc1969

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, 06 June, 2017 - 07:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks chaps was in the machine shop all weekend refurbing the heads they look good now have cleaned down engine now to start ordering parts again thanks for assistance

Pedro Gomes
Yet to post message
Username: portamno

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, 03 February, 2018 - 23:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello from Portugal!

I am very glad to be accepted as a member. Thank you to the administrators!

I am Pedro Gomes, and I own a Mulsanne S 1992, VIN's last 5 digits are 44042. I have had this car for 10 years now. But alas, it has not run for the last 4 years. Why? Because one piston was not running, there was black smoke coming out, engine light on....I own several cars, but nothings compares to the well being felt when one drives a well maintained Bentley.

But the feelings of (almost) despair and frustration can also be horrible. I spent thousands of Euros trying to get the car fixed. First I went to Bentley Portugal, it was ridiculous. Then I tried other mechanics, which ended up not doing anything to the car... Or doing something but not reslly fixing the issues.

I was, in other words, RIPPED OFF.

Finally, I decided to sent the car to England, and have the engine changed, as here in Portugal, mechanics were "claiming" that it would be less expensive to get an overhauled engine, than "to open" the engine in the car....

At the last minute, one mechanic (that takes care of my other cars), and has shown some proficiency, asked me to see the car. The car started, and he said to me: I GUARANTEE YOU that I will make this car run good and properly, or you dont pay anything! 24 hours later, the car was running good! Not yet perfectly, but it has been 4 years.

What is the main thing? One of the spark plugs had the cathods against each other, that was all! So none of the other mechanics even bothered to check this most elementary test....So, car is gettig fixed, I have some leaks from the engine to the transmission, one of the back absorbers is leaking a greenish fluid, etc...

I am looking for the repair manual for the car....I have checked on the net, in the USA they ask for over USD 1,200....In England, about 400 pounds....I find these prices to be exagerated.... Can anybody help?

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1403
Posted on Sunday, 04 February, 2018 - 02:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Pedro,
If you contact a company called "Everything Rolls-Royce" they will sell you a CD with all the workshop manuals and parts catalogue for less than £50.

Good luck

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 920
Posted on Sunday, 04 February, 2018 - 03:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Pedro welcome to the forum, I am sure you will get all the help you need here.

Richard.

Pedro Gomes
New User
Username: portamno

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, 04 February, 2018 - 22:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar!

Thank you very much for the tip! I have checked and already bought the CD!!

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 238
Posted on Friday, 06 April, 2018 - 18:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Marc, welcome to Bentley world. A 2 1/4 ton armchair, with the performance of a Cosworth. If Flying Spares do not have anything, Introcar is other supplier. Flying Spares also deal in s/hand parts.
As Richard Yeaman says, Paul Yorke works on these for a living and is based in Wales, good guy to talk to for info.
You can go onto Bentley Heritage site for free, put in your VIN to filter and it will show parts cat. for your car. Over the years, I have found a lot of obvious info in a parts book that is NEVER made clear in workshop manual and CD versions are even harder to follow!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: