Shadows, Bentleys conversion to LHM. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Shadows, Bentleys conversion to LHM. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 364
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2005 - 06:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I seem to remember some talk of converting a Shadow from vegetable synthetic 363 to mineral LHM.
Has a car been satisfactraly completed.
If so were the pumps changed together with what other needed LHM parts that would fit a Shadow/ Bentley.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 420
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2005 - 19:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Pat,

If my memory is correct; Robert Chapman discussed this in some detail in the last year or so.

Suggest you do a search using "Chapman" as the key word.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 366
Posted on Friday, 18 March, 2005 - 05:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks David,reading some threads it seems Richard T.had heard of a car being converted!be interested in the outcome.
I am at present doing some tests on the sphere diapragms,so far it is looking good,may be able to use them on mineral lhm as they are made out of neoprene it seems.
The test will take four weeks at least but this is one of the primary tests to see if the existing spheres can be used.
Are pump tollerances the same on the lhm cars.
Is it going to be "a mod beter or worse"
The plan is to change all pressure hoses and any rubber "o" rings seals but most are neoprene i believe.
A flushing agent has to be looked into,the ram seals [poly] i fitted about a year ago are ok with mineral.
It realy is looking good.
Would not like to do it the other way round!
comments welcome.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 369
Posted on Saturday, 19 March, 2005 - 05:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No need to go down this route for the forseable future as RR363 will be around for sometime into the future.