1974 Shadow Fan speed control Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » 1974 Shadow Fan speed control « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Rothwell (203.10.1.27)
Posted on Monday, 01 April, 2002 - 17:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

How does the fan speed control for a 74 Shadow work? is there a resistor in circuit, if so does anyone know where it is located?

Robert Chapman (202.161.127.18)
Posted on Tuesday, 02 April, 2002 - 00:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Email me your address and chassis number and I will post or fax wiring diagram and location chart.

Jon Rothwell (144.137.246.21)
Posted on Tuesday, 02 April, 2002 - 17:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I couldn't email you as your profile was blocked. My email is jonrothwell@westnet.com.au.
I'm not sure of the chassis number as yet. The car belongs to a friend of mine who just drove it the 1600Km from Perth. As luck would have it 40K's out of town smoke came out of the aircon vents and the fan lost most speeds. He had it in to a local auto electrical mob, but they didn't seem able to find the part(s) in question. I'm getting together with him next weekend to compare cars (the only Shadow and Bentley in town) so I will have more info then. But in the meantime any assistance would be appreciated.

Robert Chapman (202.161.127.18)
Posted on Tuesday, 02 April, 2002 - 21:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All my details are on my web page at www.rachapmanautomotive.com.au but in the mean time you will find the three fan speed resistors in the engine compartment behind the air con receiver dryer.(left hand front corner).Smoke from vents and lose of fan speed sounds like a burnt out fan motor (one each side of the firewall).Let me know if you still need diagram or any other info.

lucien mc fadden
Posted on Wednesday, 12 February, 2003 - 10:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

-76 Shadow-heat,but no windshield demist!I am getting plenty of heat but when i turn switch to defrost i get no air at all.I spoke to a mechanic on phone today and he said it could be the servo motors-but i do not know where they are located. vin# is LRE 25894.Plenty cold here in the New York area...Please help!
http://lucienslimo.com/rolls4.jpg