Turbo R window washer wiring diagram ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » Turbo R window washer wiring diagram or help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

andrew james morgan
Yet to post message
Username: james_morgan

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 15 April, 2009 - 06:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All

My 1990 Turbo R is working OK on the headlamp washer (which is a seperate pump on this model). However the windscreen washer is not. There does not seem to be any 12 Volt getting to the windscreen washer pump at the resovoir bottle. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know where the fuse or delay timing relay is for this circuit or have any other tips. I am assuming the stem swich on the steering column is working OK as the wipers operate for a while when it is pushed but nothing happens at the washer pump. The pump is electrically measuring about 1.5 Ohms so I think that may be OK. It seems to be the connection or power to the pump that is lost. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards James Morgan

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1657
Posted on Wednesday, 15 April, 2009 - 09:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Funny you should ask. The Technical Library, www.rrtechnical.info, is apparently to be enhanced soon to include information on electrics, in the coming week or so, with three levels of quality: large for those with high speed downloads, and other qualities for quick reference. This should cover all SZ cars to 1990 including 20,000-series cars. 1990-1999 information will follow.

RT
SCBZSOTO9HCH20037 Turbo R

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 1659
Posted on Wednesday, 15 April, 2009 - 10:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The delay timer is under the dashboard cover of the driver's side on RHD 1990 cars at least, mounted on the side panel. It is clearly labelled as the windscreen timer, a black box about 6cm by 4 cm and 3cm deep. I fixed one on a friend's Turbo R on Monday this week. It may be repaired by anyone savvy with basic electronics.

The headlamp washer timer is a red relay, timed for half a second, and located on the left-hand lower section of the fuse panel under the passenger's side of the dashboard.

RT.
SCBZSOTO9HCH20037

andrew james morgan
New User
Username: james_morgan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, 21 April, 2009 - 23:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard

Thank you very much for this information it will be most helpful. I also look forward to being able to access the wiring diagrams in the near future. I will check the location for the relay when I return from my travels. I did have a look under the steering wheel removable panel earlier but did not see anything obvious or maked up. Are you refering to the panel above the steering wheel and is the relay left or rigt from the diving position. My vehicle is RHD.

Many thanks in advance
James Morgan
SCBZR03A2LCH32527

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 1666
Posted on Wednesday, 22 April, 2009 - 00:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It is on this page since this morning, but only for 20.000-series cars:

http://rrtechnical.info/sz/sz87.htm

It's in glorious technicolour, and in two qualities to suit your broadband.

It will be available by tomorrow for 30,000-series cars, but for those cars it was only ever produced in quality black and white. The 30,000-series systems are almost identical apart from a few fuse locations and fuse function changes, so between the two you will see it all.

RT.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 1670
Posted on Wednesday, 22 April, 2009 - 03:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now you may work through the Technical Library to the SZ section http://rrtechnical.info/sz/05_sz.htm and find the skinpy 30,000-series section to end up at the windscreen wiper section at:

http://rrtechnical.info/sz/30000/electrical/wipers30k.pdf

You will see the wiper delay timer (ECU), Item 1 in the layout diagrammes, by the driver's knee, screwed to the side valence, as described in my earlier post. You only need to remove the panel below the steering column to see it. The panel spans from the valence panel to the centre console, and is roughly 80cm by 30cm, with an opening for the bonnet release lever.

The windscreen washers operate in conjunction with both the headlamp and wiper ECUs.

RT.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 305
Posted on Thursday, 20 April, 2017 - 18:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All
Has anyone ever removed the washer bottle (RHD) turbo r?, take off inner wing.
I can find one bolt behind the indicator lamp, what else is there to remove.
Cheers
Mike

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1804
Posted on Tuesday, 02 May, 2017 - 06:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Through the hole in the engine bay in front of air filter housing , maybe? Nut and bolt.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 314
Posted on Tuesday, 02 May, 2017 - 18:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Paul
My bottle is on the n/s the air filter is on thr o/s.
Looks a pig of a job just to wash headlamps , quicker to carry a bottle and spnge lol.
Cheers
Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: