99 Bentley Arnage questions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » 99 Bentley Arnage questions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Coleman
Yet to post message
Username: umtaliman

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, 31 July, 2018 - 22:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have purchased a 99 Arnage 4.4 as a restoration project. This car has an excellent body but previous owner(s) have stripped various parts and worked over the engine to an unknown extent. After contacting RR Heritage I understand the records on cars 98-2002 have been lost during the transition to BMW so I have no way of checking original engine number. The only clue is hand-scribed numbers on block under the coolant crossover manifold and on the ends of the heads. Is this unique to Cosworth/Bentley BMW engines or did BMW do this on all engines? I am suspicious that I have a regular BMW engine or certainly parts from one. The crossover manifold has no ports for turbo water returns and the engine mounting brackets do not line up with the rubber feet.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 992
Posted on Tuesday, 31 July, 2018 - 23:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello John welcome to the forum, I am sure someone on this forum will be able to shed some light on your situation.

Richard.

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 262
Posted on Wednesday, 01 August, 2018 - 16:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Original registration docs, through DVLA? What does RREC in UK say.
If it were R-R, one could understand as they had to start again at Goodwood, whereas Bentley just stayed at Crewe.

John Coleman
New User

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 01 August, 2018 - 22:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is the lady I contacted, Sharron Bland, sharronbland@rrec.org.uk

"I’m so sorry we have no records for your car at all. There is a whole section of build records missing from 1998-2002, mainly Arnage’s, they were never received when the other records arrived here."

It seems strange that no duplicate records exist. I tried RR USA and RR museum Philadelphia but neither has these records.

John Coleman
New User

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, 26 October, 2018 - 01:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK well I finally got engine number from Bentley. Had to send copies of my title and driving license. The engine in the car is not the original, in fact a previous owner installed a standard BMW M62 engine and bolted on the turbos. Not sure what he had in mind. So now I would like to find out what the internal differences are in the two engines. I assume pistons to lower the compression but would like some definitive information on this. I've tried Bentley, Cosworth, Mahle, RRTrust, USA forum, no luck. Any info would be appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: