1999 Arnage "Spare Tire Warning" Ligh... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » 1999 Arnage "Spare Tire Warning" Light « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 98
Posted on Friday, 13 July, 2018 - 09:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just bought a 1999 Arnage and drove it 1050 miles to home. The car performed perfectly. The only warning that came on the dash was was "Spare Wheel Fitted" which alternated with the "Air Ride System" light. After about 5 minutes of driving, only the "Spare Tire Light" was on. A few miles later, it went out for the remainder of the trip which was about 900 miles. I stopped/started several times but no warning. This morning, the very same thing happened. The tires are new and were replaced the day before I picked up the car. I checked the air in the tires and they are all exactly the same. Any idea what is going on?

Richard

simon west
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 91.110.148.185
Posted on Sunday, 28 July, 2019 - 02:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard. Bentley have a fix for this.
You need to remove the dash woodwork and the DIP Unit and ground out a wire. I believe it is grey/green but I will need to check on it.
Had the same on my car, the speed was restricted at 50mph anything above that it gave out an annoying beebing sound.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Richard Greene
Experienced User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 156
Posted on Sunday, 28 July, 2019 - 12:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Simon,

Since my post, I had the "active ride control module" replaced which solved the "spare tire warning". I wished I would have had your solution! It would have saved me lots of money! I do get an occasional "active ride warning" for a few seconds on the display. My guy said this is a simple wire issue on one of the rear accumulators. I haven't gotten into it yet!

One of my major problems with the Arnage is the lack of support on the forum. This is in contrast to the support for my Rolls Royces!

I sincerely appreciate your info.!

Richard

SIMON WEST
Yet to post message
Username: s_west

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 11 August, 2019 - 17:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, I sometimes get the active ride warning light pop up too. I generally find this happens when I try to start the car too quickly, without waiting for the second beep on turning on the ignition.
Funny thing is it happens on my Spirit but with that car the windscreen wipers go on, so I have learnt on both cars to be a little more patient.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: