Start problems with Azure 1998 model Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » Start problems with Azure 1998 model « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

staale vikra
Yet to post message
Username: svikra

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, 05 June, 2018 - 18:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I´ve had my Azure for one year. Suddenly it began to give me starting problems. It stops during a drive. It fails to start often. Now it won't start at all. I've checked all fuses, contactors and so on. There is absolutely no spark when checking the plugs. Any ideas, everything is appreciated.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 973
Posted on Tuesday, 05 June, 2018 - 20:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Staale welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find some answers to your problems here, Intermittent electrical faults are a Pain in the ----

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1543
Posted on Wednesday, 06 June, 2018 - 03:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Your car has individual coils that supply sparks to each spark plug. If all of them are not sparking then it makes diagnosing the problem easier and we may have several issues to consider. I am not the best person to offer advice although I have the same car as you do.
First of all are all the connectors in the engine compartment making good contact? secondly I would check the ignition switch which is a flimsy plastic thing and that has already failed on one of my cars. A third thing to look at is the crank position sensor. Fourthly I would look to see if the alarm system is working properly and the immobiliser hasn't locked out the ignition.

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 248
Posted on Wednesday, 13 June, 2018 - 19:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If it is pre 21 st century it will have ZETEC EMS3 digital engine management system. Zetec/BMW/Mercedes Forums might be good place to start.
When it cut out on road, did it "feel" instant (as ignition) or as if running out of fuel. Injection cars won't feel like old carb. cars when running out of fuel but may take bit longer to cut than ignition. Thinking of fuel pump as well as ignition?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: