2001 Arnage Possible Purchase Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » 2001 Arnage Possible Purchase « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, 02 May, 2018 - 02:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is a 2001 Bentley Arnage I'm interested in. The car has 78,000 miles & has service records. It is suppose to be in immaculate shape. It is the Lemans special edition. Currently, The car has never had a head gasket problem. The owner said the dealership told him if you keep the coolant on full & let the car warm up completely before driving it, you should never have a head gasket issue. What is the opinion of the list? Also, what are the most common problems with a 01?

I have a Shadow and Spur, but I know VERY little about the Arnage. Any guidance would be SINCERELY appreciated!

Richard Greene

Jeff Young
Grand Master
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 371
Posted on Wednesday, 02 May, 2018 - 04:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Personally I'd buy the car and go ahead and do the head gaskets. If you use the newer multi-layer steel ones then you shouldn't have any future problems.

That being said, I think the owner's dealer is mostly right: blown gaskets are most likely to be caused by putting the boot in on a cold engine.

I've found mine (an '07 R) much more reliable than my SY (a '79 T2), but then it's 28 years younger.

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 91
Posted on Thursday, 03 May, 2018 - 09:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Any idea the cost to do the head gasket?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: