Who Said that the Big Boys were Gonne... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » Who Said that the Big Boys were Gonners ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 701
Posted on Saturday, 16 April, 2005 - 04:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Arnage Drophead Coupé is here. Hooray !

6750 V8 Turbo. What else ?

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 188
Posted on Saturday, 16 April, 2005 - 10:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

At least it looks like a Bentley. I must admit it's impressive.

Gordon Norris
Prolific User
Username: crewes_missile

Post Number: 147
Posted on Saturday, 16 April, 2005 - 11:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Better place your orders now to get in line. It was unveiled at the 2005 LA auto show, BUT it's not yet in production. Bentley insist it is not a "concept" vehicle but a fully fledged pre-production prototype. Depending on demand Bentley say it could commence production as soon as early 2006.

Price not yet finalised, but a "suitable" deposit will secure your order in the queue...now where did I put my cheque-book... I WISH!

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 190
Posted on Saturday, 16 April, 2005 - 11:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As the name Corniche was originally for a Bentley, this car would be aptly named as such and would be a worthy successor.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 703
Posted on Sunday, 17 April, 2005 - 04:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gordon,

I knew you that would come back with that damper. Mind you, when the Continental R was first shown at its surprise launch in Geneva they were taking orders on the spot on the same basis.

The real message it that, through the investment in the Arnage and Arnage Drophead, Crewe has reconfirmed the very firm intentions to continue the classic Crewe line of cars.

I have written my NAB cheque for the deposit just to see if they try to bank it.

BOUNCEY BOUNCEY.

RHD version.
Arnage Drophead Coupé

Gordon Norris
Prolific User
Username: crewes_missile

Post Number: 148
Posted on Sunday, 17 April, 2005 - 08:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'll send a cheque for $150...the local Hyundai and Kia agents find that an "acceptable" pre-purchase deposit, so I reckon I'm in with a chance!
Actually, I recently recieved an offer from Bentley Sydney to place a deposit on the new Continental Flying Spur which states on the form: "Yes, I would like to be one of the first owners of a Continental Flying Spur. I enclose my cheque for $A3,750 being part deposit on the indicative price $A375,000. A further payment will be required bringing the full deposit up to 10% when the vehicle enters production."
Couldn't resist, so ordered two - a his and hers set...and pigs will fly, and the cow jumped over the moon...

GN.

Adrian Jump
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 213.249.162.132
Posted on Friday, 18 November, 2005 - 22:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just as an idle thought, given that the Arnage was I recall voted the car with the greatest depreciation, certainly in the U.K., how long do you reckon we'll have to wait until they are Turbo R money?

Adrian U.K.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: