Boot Release Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Boot Release « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lawrence Heasman
Frequent User
Username: lheasman

Post Number: 54
Posted on Sunday, 21 March, 2010 - 15:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The switch in the glove box that changes the boot lock to either auto or independent of the central locking does not seem to work. Is there a fuse connected to this somewhere? Also has anyone ever fitted a remote locking system to these cars? My car is an 89 Spur -SCAZN00A5KCH24747

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 554
Posted on Sunday, 21 March, 2010 - 18:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Lawrence,

Your car would have been fitted with a remote locking alarm. There should be a unit in the engine compartment. There are a few they fitted.

They also fitted remote locking units near the battery switch in the boot on later cars.

What problem are you getting, no boot unlocking at all or no locking and unlocking? It should still lock with the cdl regardless of the switch position. Does the boot lock and unlock the car?

Lawrence Heasman
Frequent User
Username: lheasman

Post Number: 55
Posted on Monday, 22 March, 2010 - 07:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Paul,
The boot unlocks manually and it also controls the central locking when I use the key in the boot. However the boot remains unlocked, regardless of the position of the switch in the glove box when I lock the drivers door.
If it already has a remote system, do you know how I get a remote for it? I have the build sheets from Crewe but can't see anything mentioning a remote locking system.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 555
Posted on Monday, 22 March, 2010 - 09:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lawrence, you will need to find the alarm unit first.

When you know what one it is, we should be able to work out the best way forward.